TO: Arma 3 Users
UNIT: Main Branch (Windows)
ACTIVITY: Hotfix 1.68 (GPU Selection, Crash Fixes, Audio Fixes)
SIZE: ~66 MB / ~25 MB
More in the full changelog and SPOTREP
Red Storm: Epilogue
Red Storm: Epilogue
The scientists we’ve captured confirmed our worst fears. The Russians have developed a weapon based off alien technology that they scavenged through the “portal” at Object A1. They have already run successful tests and the weapon is ready for combat use.
The Czech forces lunched a valiant assault on Object A2, but failed, when the enemy used the weapon to turn the Czech soldiers against each other. Seeing no other option, the NATO forces lunched a tactical nuclear strike on Object A2 to prevent the enemy from transferring the weapon to the mainland.
It was not long before the Russians retaliated with their own nukes…
This concludes the Red Storm campaign. All who attended at least two of the three missions will be awarded this ribbon:
You can look forward to Jason’s campaign, which should be starting next week (1. 4.).
Scanning The Horizon: Arma 3 in 2017
Celebrating the major milestone of more than 3 million Arma 3 copies sold, today we published a new video to offer a special first look at the upcoming Jets DLC and to discuss our plans for Arma 3 in 2017 and beyond.
In the video, Creative Director Jay Crowe provides a quick retrospective of Arma 3’s journey so far, and scans the horizon for what is currently in development.
- Penciled in for May 2017, the Arma 3 Jets DLC introduces three new fighter jets, a new Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV), a new Showcase scenario, Steam Achievements, and more. The Jets DLC will be accompanied by a free platform update introducing a sensor overhaul to enhance targeting, an improved fixed-wing damage model by extending the number of hitpoints and damage effects, dynamic vehicle loadouts, and various other jet-related improvements. Arma 3 Jets is the first Arma 3 DLC to be developed in partnership with a third-party external development team, BRAVO ZERO ONE Studios (which is led by Make Arma Not War winner Joshua "Saul" Carpenter).
- To celebrate the 16th anniversary of the Arma series, Bohemia Interactive will release the free Arma 3 Malden DLC on June 22nd 2017. This DLC includes a re-imagination of the classic Malden terrain featured in the very first Arma game. In addition, the studio will release a new (and free) cooperative multiplayer mode, named ‘Combat Patrol’. Here, players need to accomplish various objectives as part of an infantry team, and each playthrough will be different thanks to the mode’s heavily randomized nature.
- While the exact theme of the Arma 3 "Orange" DLC (working title) (est. Q3 2017) will be announced at a later date, this upcoming new package will explore an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. The Arma 3 "Orange" DLC will include new vehicles, new clothing and gear, new decorative objects, a mini-campaign, Showcase and Challenge scenarios, and more. In terms of size, the "Orange DLC" stands somewhere in between the Arma 3 Karts and Arma 3 Helicopters/Marksmen/Jets/Tanks DLC.
- The Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC (est. Q4 2017) will deliver a set of ‘tactical operations’. These singleplayer scenarios will focus upon challenging, replayable, and authentic military gameplay - making the best use of Arma 3's sandbox terrain, vehicles, and weapons.
- The Arma 3 Tanks DLC (est. Q1 2018) will build on the experience of armored combat in Arma 3 by delivering three new armored vehicles, new playable content, and more. The package will be accompanied by a free platform update, which will implement new features and improvements related to tracked and armored vehicles.
Alternatively, those who are already certain they want to enlist for all planned upcoming DLC can purchase the Arma 3 DLC Bundle 2 on the Bohemia Store or Steam , which saves more than 25% over purchasing each of the DLC separately.
Once again, we'd like to thank you for your support, creativity, and dedication over the past few years. It has truly come to define what Arma 3 is today, and we look forward to what is shaping up to be a splendid 2017!
SITREP - Red Storm
The Namalsk situation escalates
The 43rd Airborne Battalion conducted a daring operation, which resulted in the remnants of the 218th Battalion and 45th Brigade HQ to be trapped and later on destroyed. The Russians retaliated swiftly by launching an Iskander missile strike against the Sabjun Airfield. The 22nd Helicopter squadron as well as elements of the 43rd Battalion suffered heavy losses.
The runway was severely damaged as well. As a result, our air support will be limited in the upcoming operation. Speaking of the upcoming operation, a C-130 has been shot down on the western part of the island. The crew managed to eject and are now on the ground, attempting to make their way to friendly positions in accordance with their SERE training. We are currently putting together a rescue plan.
The operation will be carried out by the freshly deployed 42nd Mechanized Battalion. Since the anti-ship batteries were destroyed in the previous operation, the battalion managed to land safely at Tara Harbour and is now situated around the Old Hospital. A tank platoon has been embedded into its OOB.
You can expect a full briefing soon. For now, dismissed!
Signed, Sgt. Beny
TO: Arma 3 Users
INFO: Update 1.68, 64-bit Executables Feedback, Tools Update
We're now collecting feedback from Update 1.68, which was released last week. To quickly address some of the most reported issues, we're considering to release a small hotfix. Meanwhile, we're about to reveal more details on the upcoming DLC and their content. But before that, let's take a closer look at what's happening/happened in Arma 3 land.