iGaz

Arma 3 - Media (Videos)

747 posts in this topic

Cheers fella. I’ll have to root around for my old copy of ffmpeg. That’s a right old clunky bit of kit n all from what I remember. ;)

Jason likes this

4 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

@PARKER

Having real problems with footage on OBS. Looks awful. Very pixely noise. 

I have premier pro. I switched to avid years ago and haven’t used Prem for a while.

Any clues how to convert the .mvk files you told me to save them as, to get hem to mp4? Do I have to use VLC? Not all that happy with the results. I have a tonne of disc space so not bothered about the hit vs high quality. High as possible for me.

Final output for YouTube.

chars!!

Hey Pilgs, I feel your pain it took me ages to find just the right settings as these things are very specific to individual hardware and requirement.

For mkv i think i used to use VLC to convert but had mixed results so swapped to streaming high quality to YT then using youtube.dl to download in mp4. 

I have all sorts of probs due to my wide screen 21:9 ratio. I cant remeber off the top of my head how i have it right now but happy to jump on and chew the fat tomorrow if you fancy it...

Pilgrim likes this

5 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Having real problems with footage on OBS. Looks awful. Very pixely noise. 

This will be the encoding settings. Go to Settings > Output > Recording. Make sure CPU Usage preset is set to Very Fast and increase the bits per second until the video looks good in high motion scenes (grass swaying, rain, camera movement etc.) or switch the Rate Control to CRF and try a value between 22 and 18 (the lower the number the higher the quality). Your CPU will determine how far you can push this.

5 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Any clues how to convert the .mvk files you told me to save them as, to get hem to mp4?

If the MKV was generated by OBS go to File > Remux Recordings. Select the file, choose the destination or leave it as default (same file name but with an MP4 extension instead of MKV) and click Remux. Long files will take a minute or two.

If the file was generated by something else then you should remux, not re-encode, using ffmpeg. The command: ffmpeg -i '.\input_file.mkv' -c:v copy -c:a copy 'output_file.mp4'

Pilgrim likes this

@hoofed Remux did the trick. 

You lil beut. :D

All i have to do now is sort the audio out so i dont get that bloody echo.

Cheers guys!

Jason and hoofed like this

Are you recording multiple audio channels plus a combined audio channel? If so, when you play the recording back in your video editor you’ll need to make sure the combined channel is disabled or the individual channels are disabled (depending on whether you intend to remix the audio or just go with the combined track). If you have them all enabled you’ll get an echo as there is usually a slight but perceivable difference in timing.

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Nice to see us bedded in and doing our thing @PARKER 

It’s taking me soooo long to edit this backlog. Sheesh.

The size of the ops slows the whole process down unfortunately, I flip between doing snippets to highlights to full ops depending on the time I have. I've had full ops take a whole night to render in the past due to the high res and length.

Pilgrim likes this

I try but there is a lot of AAC action that is not actually action and thus gets cut :D

I'm still working on solving my audio problem. Saturday for example I had TS audio and very VERY quiet game audio but nothing from my mic despite it being routed correctly and OBS showing input levels. I'll get everything back eventually though so more AAC stuff should be incoming shortly. It's been a while since we saw one from us fly boys

PARKER and Pilgrim like this