Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oksman

Operation Cold Rising - Released

31 posts in this topic

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238174989

picture_zps6a13f26b.jpg

That's the link to the actual site, you can go into Arma 3 workshop and search for Operation Cold Rising and probably find it there.

I would ask everyone actually just to play it once, it will take an hour or so out of your day and hopefully you'll recognize your fellow members in the clan.

What I MUST insist on is that we all contribute to the steam workshop discussion on the actual content. This meaning that I'd ask you to rate it and write a comment with what you thought of it, since this is directly marketing for our clan which is pretty much titled everywhere.

So please do rate the mission, and post a comment saying what you think about it, see if we can start to tumble the attention of the mission and we could possibly get some more attention to the clan and of course give me the motivation to make another episode.

I would suggest you do not use any of our mods as it might bug the mission out, CBA and JSRS 2.1 worked fine for me so an additional layer of immersion is added.

Please do take the time and play this and help me, help us!

Cheers

iGaz, Chipmonk, Filth and 1 other like this

On a sidenote, fuck steam. In-game picture is gone and description text was destroyed. Steam should get their shit together -_-'

Forget what I said, Arma in its infinite wisdom had claimed the mission was too large for my drive. Since my SDD is 4 gigs below max, I had somehoe misread the size...

what! your not going to play my mission?

Unfortunately not mate, working until pretty late. may be back mid way through or towards the end. We need more missions on N'ziwasogo on Arma 3 that map looks beautiful!

Also If anyone's got any issues, please report them here or on steam. I'd love it if you remembered to comment, it means a lot since more people will think it's all special and be like. Yeah. I can do this

If anyone played this please remember to post a comment as well, tell me what you liked about it etc. the more you do the more the rest of the players will!

Only 1 person commented after I released it to the group, that's reece and he ain't even a member. Comon peeps show the love for 3 months of hard work!

very good mission and the best part is I've been playing it since the very first test version and its just gotten better and better thumbs up from me. Expecting another episode. In terms of the best part of the mission its gotta be the mechanized assault on the town.

seems the mission is also attracting interest towards the clan aswell so its working in the clans favour also, so yeah awesome

Top Rated all time on page 1. Currently placed at 24th place out of the 30 on the page. I think it was rank 27th this afternoon!

I need some help from people. I've had a bug that broke the mission, I'm sort of surprised as for me in the editor and in the scenario, it all works fine.

I need people to test a version that doesn't come from Steam Workshop, as it might break it or something. I've been trying to solve this mystery but I've been unable to solve it.

It works for me, doesn't work for others. Basically the issue is that the APC's 'Chariot' doesn't arrive at the APC point. I'm not sure if they are invisible or have driven up to the front. If you can, please play it and try and find out what happens for you.

The music starts because of the cutscene, Chariot callsigns do a radio dialogue when they are inbound, and they should be moving towards the target.

IF they aren't at the target, move towards grids 247228. That's where the APC's are originally. Please help me figure this issue out, i'm going nuts here.

Download link here: https://www.mediafire.com/?jnj8czhdca24bjn

AI seems to run around alot more, especially at the camps, there's AI freaking everywhere.

I remember pointing it out before but idk if you did anything with it but when you've been given a team and start heading out to the first house / crates the vehicles around the tents have their headlights turned on, it's quite alarming for people and they might start clearing out those sites before continuing to the first objective.

An issue I noticed is that if you die while clearing the camps and load your autosave which takes you back to the first house/crates you blow up. it will trigger "Nice shooting Sergeant, regroup downstairs" audio and task "Regroup downstairs" will show up.

Now the most interesting part, the APC's. They don't seem to spawn.

I followed the squad to the APC spot, no audio from APC's and when you reach the road, you are told to get in to the 2nd APC (who are not there, first nor second) to which every single AI says "Negative" or "Cannot comply" etc etc.

Running towards 247228 finds me nothing, I ran around the entire grid and the adjacent grids but nothing.

I presume they don't spawn as if they simply wouldn't move or went somewhere else, the AI would start running towards them rather than saying "negative", correct?

Anyhow. I hope this helps.

Edit: I don't know if this will have anything to do with it but I'll point it out. I did load the autosave once during this playthrough, it might mess things up. I'll try and get a clean run later.

Wow Arma 3 is so fucked up. Which version did you use? Online one or the link to mediafire?

I'm trying to figure out what sort of connection Autosaves have with the whole mission breaking, and the APC's are parked invisible at the grids and then they move towards the apc spot.

I'm not quite sure why is behaves as it does, it's not even related in anyway. Like the Regroup downstairs thing, it's basically saying that units have been deleted or killed, which means again Autosaves break the game. But I'm not sure whats wrong, but I need to figure out which version you were playing

APC's are now arriving, I jumped in and everything went smooth, however the first APC started firing at the village just before I got to the first blue arrow (marker) and kept it under fire. I died once while attacking that village so I had to load the autosave right there but nothing messed up at that very moment. The sniping part might have been influenced tho.

So, when I got to the sniping part, I ran up towards the building where you are going to snipe and the following happened:

Just before I reached the building the audio "Nice shooting sergeant" popped up and I was ordered to regroup downstairs.

No scope for the sniper? (except for the MRCO I already have)

After killing the three snipers and waiting for the car to arrive(task for "neutralize vehicle" has been created), the helicopter got called in and no offroad arrived to the scene. Helicopter landed, I got on, we flew off and did not live happily ever after.

Alright. Making progress at least, I'm sort of unaware how the sniper event or why at all Chipmonks line would come up from the start of the mission to end. The Scope doesns't have a scope anymore? Bollocks, once again. Not been changed

We're making progress at least so that's good, thanks for testing!