Oksman

Platoon Air Assault Qualified

13 posts in this topic

paraaward_zpsbvkcr4wa.PNG

Air Assault Qualification

All the people who attended the Platoon exercise on the 23rd of May, 2015 have received the qualification for Air Assault. This award means that you have attended and participated in the Platoons training for Air Assault Operation. Next chance for Air Assault Qualification will come the next time the Platoon executes the Air Assault Training.

Following members earned the qualification:

1-Actual

Lt.Chris

1-1

Oksman

MrSloanes

R4IDER

Baron

Pirate

1-2

GuzzenVonLidl

Beny

Bog

NekoArrow

Coopsatronic

AAC

Marsani

Spectre

Raptor

Thanks for attending the Platoon training and helping us improve through exercise!

Coopsatronic and Bogthesmelly like this

What did the course entail?

Could look at making one if I know the content, I missed it too.

Unfortunately i missed it but i believe it went through the different paradrops, exiting and sectors at insertions and you could now include Rappelling?

I can run you through a short course then you can make it/alter it for GOL @Jason I do have British French and American jump wings. (Yes I am bragging) 

Jason and MacGregor like this

Dunno as I said above I missed the last one so I have no idea how it was composed or what the content was. I'm assuming it was parachute and probably covered stuff like DZ security, rally SOPs etc but other than that I have no idea.

HLS stuff is the remit of the FAC. That would be a different course featuring 6 liners, radios, HLS selection and marking, air delivered weapon applications and is really only important for AAC members. The jump course is more for infantry, the AAC would only really have to run through the DZ at an appropriate speed, attitude and altitude.

Air assault qualification requires loads of ppl to even make sense. Please run it during platoon trainings and award it to everyone who took part, regardless of role played. We all know this shit, we do it on a weekly basis, squads regularly train it, it's just a formality imo.

Making a seperate small course for it I think would be a waste of time. Small courses, while they may draw in lots of interest initially, tend to simmer down mid-term. You can't make an air assault qualification with two trainees.

We've been promised our bling for this quali for about a year now I think. Let's get it done quickly and not make a big deal out of it.

Des, MacGregor, Jason and 2 others like this

Filth has a point I mean you can make it easy or difficult long or short but really it's about why