Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oksman

Operation Greek Fire - Episode 1

64 posts in this topic

loading_zpssqehziwn.jpg

Made a small Singleplayer sniper mission. Working a bit with spotting, getting AI to snipe targets for you and stuff like that. I know most people hate Singleplayer Arma, this one however shouldn't have too many problems.

This one is substantially smaller than my Operation Cold Rising missions, so testing will be a lot easier, bugtracking as well.

Anyway I'm asking for some testing to be made for anyone who likes or don't mind playing some Singleplayer. You will not be required to lead AI or anything like that. I know that's the biggest turn-off when it comes to Singleplayer.

It's got some simple camera stuff, some story, lots of dialogues and scripts. If you do decide to play, please leave feedback! English corrections, Where Autosaves might be needed or changes might be made. A lot of dialogue is still WIP, some are placeholders for making sure it all works.

I've made this mission to be played following the strict guidelines of the mission, if you stray away from it I can't assure you it's going to work. So try to follow the tasks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3nycsof917rpd4/Op_Greek_Fire_EP1.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

How To Install:
Move the Op_Greek_Fire_EP1.Stratis.pbo to the Mission Folder in your Install directory. If you use steam - steamApps\Common\Arma 3\Missions. All you need to do is just place the file there and it should pop up in-game.

Start the game, press play > Scenario > Op_Greek_Fire_EP1. I suggest you don't run it with mods!

Cheers!

Edit: Should be compatible now without DLCs. Please check if it does, those without it!

Edited by Oksman
Pirate, ---, Goralight and 1 other like this

Will give this a go and report whatever bugs I find, absolutely loved the first two missions you made.

Edit: All right, tried it out and I gotta say things went really smoothly, two dialogues didn't properly play out however. The text showed up but the sound didn't. I'll upload the two dialogues down below.

2015-08-07_00003.jpg

2015-08-07_00004.jpg

Edited by Nellyx

Oh yeah those haven't been filled out yet. Made this during the night and those lines are loud, so I couldn't sit and scream during the night. My neighbors will think I'm nuts, but I guess they already think that

Very nice mission, just saw one bug with the tasks:

At the start of the mission the quad bike task was completed already.

You really nailed down that MacMillan feeling to it. ^_^

Edited by Pirate

I need voice acting, It's a bit short and I'm adding one more objective. To actually do some sniping / marksmanship on your own. Need some drama, rescue some pinned friendlies. Need the call for help dialogue!

Anyone think they're up for this?

Edited by Oksman

Mission updated! Bog's voice acting is in now, I've updated some of mine. Added that nice little Convoy Objective thing, some quality shit! Test it and let me know!

Mission updated again. Update new dialogues, tried to iron out some bugs and save problems. Someone please try again!

All done, and very good it was.

At first i didnt know how to laser the targets as the usual tab and r didnt work...but just spotting the target did the job.

you have to stick to the story line, other wise you miss stuff...which is good. like being able to kill off some of the targets and blowing the place to shit was also good.

Love it....more please :)

steve.

I’ll test it out tonight after squad training. Last time I played it I managed to break most of the triggers. XD

just tried it...cant get a "lock on" on the targets passed target 3. Tried tab, r or just looking for the targets mentioned but have spotted all there is to see. The mission wont progress onwards ?

steve

Edited by unionjak

All you have to do is aim at the guys until the dialogue comes. If you press Console key >§< then you should see red text "Automatic Rifleman" or w/e then you know it's working. If it doesn't continue at that point you may be looking at the wrong target.

Are you talking about spotting the Machinegun? Are you aiming at the guy right of the big machinegun or at the machinegun itself?

After restart target was registered. Great additions at the end re helping the convoy out.

All in all a very good mission(single player) and not too complicated either.

Nice one, ox.

steve

So you had no errors other than target not being registered? Did you do something in the wrong order or something that would cause it to break? I need to find bugs and fix them so let me know what you've found out

Just released the mission, expecting lots of bugs but it's been laying there not being played for so long so I thought I'd upload it and see what the fuck happens. Please rate the mission up, I've posted our site and linked our twitter and all that shit so hopefully we'll get some much needed attention.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575810869

Rate das mission!

Anyone feel like they got the Mic and heart to produce some voices for the next episode? Need at least 2 more guys

i've got a good audio set up should anyone need it for this sort of thing....just let me know what you need Oks...