NeKoArroW

The Training Ground

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, GuzzenVonLidl said:

With the template, mission selected faction can be overwritten by the admin in lobby screen, factions available depends on the version of the template used.

As Guzzen said, the admin running the mission for training should choose the appropriate faction from the mission params in the lobby. Faction choices so far are:

• Chernarussian Defence Force (BLUFOR)
  • Army of the Czech Republic (BLUFOR)
  • Vanilla NATO (BLUFOR)
  • UK (BLUFOR)
  • US Army (BLUFOR)
  • USMC (BLUFOR)
  • US JSOC (They use different aircraft so I added a separate faction for the AAC exercises) (BLUFOR)
  • CSAT (OPFOR)

I'm slowly adding to these as the weeks wear on. BLUFOR is essentially complete, OPFOR and INDEP are WIP.

6 minutes ago, GuzzenVonLidl said:

Marksmanship Qualification is located by the salt lake

I thought the marksman qualification range was at FOB Cluster outside of Pyrgos. That's where I shot my marksman qualification and as far as I'm aware that range works.

Will look into the ranges since there seems to be some confusion here.

Filth likes this

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can you let me know exactly which areas cause problems?

Last time we used this, this was about 6 weeks ago I'd say, the server was struggling to load the mission. We experienced extreme stutters and frame drops when loading in. Guess we'll take another look if this is still the case.

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

Loadouts for vanilla factions

Do these factions have our regular loadouts?

11 minutes ago, GuzzenVonLidl said:

Marksmanship Qualification is located by the salt lake

Excellent, I'll take a look at this.

Just now, Filth said:

Last time we used this, this was about 6 weeks ago I'd say, the server was struggling to load the mission. We experienced extreme stutters and frame drops when loading in. Guess we'll take another look if this is still the case.

Not sure about this, I only went back to editing this 5 weeks back. Might be that the old old version was on a bit of a dodgy template version. The AAC have used it for the last 5 weeks of training with no problems. Give it another go :)

2 minutes ago, Filth said:

Do these factions have our regular loadouts?

The factions I listed above should be fully kitted out correctly with factional weaponry as close to RL as I could get it (except vanilla ofc, they have vanilla weapons). I believe all slots are correct but if you find a problem, let me know.

@Jason @GuzzenVonLidl

Had a look around. Here's what I found.

First off: Is the Advanced Medical activated by default, or is that an option somewhere I overlooked? Imo, there should be parameter enabling us to select which module we want.

Performance: Even with just one client on the server, there are severe stutters when loading in for about 2min. This may be because of all the stuff in this mission, but it'd be beneficial for squad training sessions if this could be improved.

Gear: Is looking very good, apart from some horrible CUP weapons like the AK74 variants (weird sound, shitty reload animation). Personally, I prefer quality over realism. Some of the stuff, like the British gear, is very well selected. One other thing I noticed was a fuck ton of chemlights and an IR grenade being given to all roles. We don't need this stuff, just takes up space and weight.

Firing drills: All three of them still work.

20161103144734_1.jpg

That's the qualification range (FOB CLuster), the burst firing range (unfinished, FOB Cluster), and the Reflex Course (FOB Almyra). All of these courses could use a box with a selection of generic rifles to choose from, as well as ammo for all these rifles.

I know this is a lot to ask, but some improvements would be very much appreciated. I will continue to use this mission for personal skill and I think 1-1 could use some of this (@Baron) as well to streamline our trainings.

Baron likes this

Just now, Filth said:

First off: Is the Advanced Medical activated by default, or is that an option somewhere I overlooked? Imo, there should be parameter enabling us to select which module we want.

Will look into this. Shouldn't be too difficult

1 minute ago, Filth said:

Performance: Even with just one client on the server, there are severe stutters when loading in for about 2min. This may be because of all the stuff in this mission, but it'd be beneficial for squad training sessions if this could be improved.

I think this may be down to initialisation. Will look into getting rid of as much of it as possible

2 minutes ago, Filth said:

Gear: Is looking very good, apart from some horrible CUP weapons like the AK74 variants (weird sound, shitty reload animation). Personally, I prefer quality over realism. Some of the stuff, like the British gear, is very well selected. One other thing I noticed was a fuck ton of chemlights and an IR grenade being given to all roles. We don't need this stuff, just takes up space and weight.

Will switch the CUP AKs out for the vanilla ones if these are prefered. The chemlights and IR stuff should be issued for night ops only, my bad

4 minutes ago, Filth said:

That's the qualification range (FOB CLuster), the burst firing range (unfinished, FOB Cluster), and the Reflex Course (FOB Almyra). All of these courses could use a box with a selection of generic rifles to choose from, as well as ammo for all these rifles.

Will look at adding a virtual arsenal here so people can clown about with whatever they fancy

MacGregor and Filth like this

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Will look into this. Shouldn't be too difficult

Will switch the CUP AKs out for the vanilla ones if these are prefered. The chemlights and IR stuff should be issued for night ops only, my bad

This is all done and fixed with the framework, but feel free to do it all over again for just with this one mission

Not sure what would be easier, taking everything from the training ground and putting it into your new framework or taking the bits I need from the new framework and adding them to the training ground.

Will figure it out one way or another

Update:

Night Fighting Equipment Bug Fix: https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_2017/issues/10
Should apply to all factions, yell out if something is still being stupid.

Virtual Arsenal Added to Ranges: https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_2017/issues/9
Simple ammo box added with Virtual Armoury capability so peeps can select their favourite toys. Available at:

• Jaeger Range (Mortar Training Area)
  • FOB Windstorm (Airport)
  • FOB Cluster (Qualification/Bursts/Pislot Ranges)
  • FOB Almyra (Reflex Range)
  • FOB Ocelot (AG/AR Range)
  • Staging Point Eternity (Buddy Drills Range)

Ability to Switch Medical Mode: https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_2017/issues/7
Selected by mission parameter at mission launch. The default is the current Advanced setup we use in Saturday Ops.

The night fighting stuff is all done and dusted but I need feedback on the medical and virtual armouries. Let me know if these work or need changed please.

Filth and Pilgrim like this

I've begun converting the Training Ground from the old framework to the new one:

https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_17

Anyone interested in helping out, head over to the GIT for the list of stuff currently being worked on.

Any feature requests either head over to GIT and fill out an issue or PM me. Same goes for bugs, please be as specific as possible with them.

(Probably should have done this to begin with lol)

Beny, hoofed, Filth and 1 other like this

Training Ground 17 Updated:

https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_17/wiki#welcome-to-the-training-ground-2017-wiki

• We now have a wiki giving instructions on the systems in use including changing faction and medical system.
  • AAC aircraft training finished. Need feedback from the pilots on changes especially the solo HLS system.
  • Medical training system in place. Should generate AI casualties for treatment and there's a live CASEVAC scenario available.

Beginning work on the rifle ranges next.

PARKER likes this

Been a while but I've eventually got around to updating more of the training round:

https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_17/wiki

I've added a context sensitive vehicle training area that provides an FSM based driver training course and a vehicle range. There is also now an FSM based marksman range that will form the basis of other ranges including (hopefully) a moving target range.

As before if there are any requests let me know. You can track my progress and known issues here:

https://github.com/jasonjoyce971/GOL_Training_Ground_17/projects/1

If you are interested in helping then let me know and I'll figure out how to get your work merged (still not used GITHUB for multiple contributors).

On a different note, the mission size is starting to get a bit crazy so what are peoples thoughts on packing this as an addon instead? It means the training ground will already reside on everyones systems which should (I think) help with loading times.

Filth likes this

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've added a context sensitive vehicle training area that provides an FSM based driver training course and a vehicle range. There is also now an FSM based marksman range that will form the basis of other ranges including (hopefully) a moving target range.

FSM?

finite state machine, it's the same thing that drives the flight training.

in laymans terms its a self contained script that tracks your waypoints and progress. a script to do the same thing could be hundreds or thousands of lines long while an FSM is handled by the game engine in a slightly different way.

All the BIS firing drills, time trials and bootcamp ranges are controlled by FSMs rather than scripts

Filth likes this

Update:

FOB Cluster is now open for business just outside of Pyrgos.

For those that are new or can't remember Nekos original it contains:

• 300m rifle range including the old clan marksman qualification shoot (old code, FSM may follow in the future if performance/file size dictates)
  • burst control range
  • 2 grenade ranges (bunkers and sandbag walls)
  • pistol marksmanship range
  • pistol draw range
  • Assault course

Use the flagpole system to teleport to FOB Cluster then use the laptop close to the flagpole to "Unpack the FOB". This will automatically populate the FOB with faction specific ammunition/vehicles.

Any bugs let me know guys.

PARKER and Filth like this

On 31.8.2017 at 7:49 PM, Jason said:

FOB Cluster is now open for business just outside of Pyrgos.

One of my favourites. Would like to spend some time there again.

When I visited today, the addaction "Unpack FOB Cluster" did not spawn anything besides vehicles. None of the objects necessary for the courses and drills in the area spawned.

While personal gear seems to be distributed correctly on spawn, there are no one-click kit selection boxes in place. This is a necessity for squad trainings. Sometimes we discuss specific roles, sometimes shit happens, etc. The only thing that is in place is an unlimited Arsenal on big gear boxes. This gives us all the freedoms we could want. But selecting kits this way poses problems because 1 it takes too long to sort out and 2 it's impossible to maintain discipline that way.

Jason likes this

I'll look into the spawning and copy over a gear box. I'm not sure why the objects wouldn't spawn when the vehicles have, that seems strange.

Filth likes this

Thanks anyway for keeping the training ground relevant. It'd be a huge help for 1-1's training sessions if this was developed further.

Jason likes this

13 hours ago, Filth said:

Thanks anyway for keeping the training ground relevant. It'd be a huge help for 1-1's training sessions if this was developed further.

Seconded and thanks @Jason

Jason likes this

Update:

• New Mine Handling Training Lane added to FOB Cluster. Tucked up on the South West wall. Use the laptop to choose between training (inert) or live versions and the lane will be populated with 50 randomly placed mines. There is also a crate nearby with some EOD items in it to play around with if you wish.
  • Role Selection boxes now dotted around FOB Cluster on user request.
  • New spawner function for FOB Cluster objects. Requires server test and feedback please! The function does take a little while to run to prevent big lag spikes so give it a chance. As a rough guideline, once you can see vehicles, the objects and buildings should be present.
Filth and PARKER like this

Update:

• Added EOD settings and role changes based on Orange DLC testing work
  • Changed ACE Advanced Medical Settings to latest working version in our testing/ops
  • Added OPFOR Expanded Factions. BLUFOR and INDEP factions are also added but not scripted for the exercises yet.
Filth and Pilgrim like this

Update:

FOB Eternity now open for business. Features include:

• Buddy Team Fire and Manoeuvre Range
  • Vehicle Obstacle Course

Not sure if the obstacle course is working as intended since I never used it personally.

There is also a known script error at present connected to the WIP FOB Almyra. It has no impact on the rest of the training ground.

@PARKER Let me know if this suites your request

Filth and PARKER like this

On 08/02/2018 at 1:45 PM, PARKER said:

@Jason Perfect thanks

Actually i’ve been advised that the training ground isnt loading on the server. ill attempt myself later but just a heads up..