hoofed

Unsung 3.0b Released

34 posts in this topic

Looks pretty good, the big map is a bit short on HLS space so you grunts best get your walking boots on.

My A-6 is there AND it's packing napalm :D

MacGregor likes this

I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm..

Hey, does this mean I can release my inner Sgt. Barnes? Please add in plenty of civilians.

PARKER likes this

1 hour ago, Oksman said:

so sad, tanoa + this will be pretty good !

It has some viable HLS, they just look to be quite far apart and separated by dense jungle which the AAC can't hope to break through. Would still be interesting to have a look at.

Pook has done the SAM sites for this also. I've been playing with his A3 pack and it is brutal so I expect this to be just as hard. If we make an unsung campaign the AAC are going to have to seriously up our game. It adds a whole new scary ass dimension to air missions.

I'd put his A3 pack in the addon suggestions but it's nearly 900mb unpacked.

Got to be a decent jungle map out there somewhere that isn't just a wall of trees, this is looking too good to miss.

PARKER likes this

Just tested it out quickly... there are loads of places to drop off troops. Hell, you can hover low over the rivers and drop people off by the banks if you need to. Gonna test the hell out of it over the next couple of weeks. :-]

It don't mean nothing brother not a thing! 

So want this in the mod pack it is my fav era of war and yes I will beat people to death to fly slick hueys in this!!!!!! 

Never get out of the fucking boat!!

downtown down where the lights are bright downtown!!!

thats right three movie quotes but can you name the films?????

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Platoon, apocalypse now and flight of the intruder?

No, yes, yes. Wasn't flight of the intruder a great film

Could do.

The jungle of Tanoa is begging for something like this. Nimitz for the fast air of the Navy (I'm pretty sure it's supported), choppers in the FOBs and Pooks SAM sites littered all over the landscape for wild weasel missions, the AAC would have a field day with this stuff.

Not tested much for the ground forces but given the quality of the aircraft, it's a safe bet that the ground stuff should be pretty damn good.

Air Cav baby!

Does the AAC have ability to load on HARM missiles for anti AA and triple A missions?

Unsung A-6 packs Shrikes, a couple of others do as well.

The repair patch I'm making for CUP also introduces HARM from the AWS pack that we already use so we'll be ready.

If I do end up on this campaign (looking for confirmation here) I've already got two stories planned, depending on how the geography of Tanoa shapes up.

Des likes this

2 hours ago, hoofed said:

Close but no cigar can't believe no one has got the first quote tsk tak

1 hour ago, Jason said:

hamburger hill

And Jason wins round one and a lovely flower hat!

1 hour ago, Des said:

Close but no cigar can't believe no one has got the first quote tsk tak

It wasn't a guess. XD

Hamburger Hill is the shittiest Vietnam movie yet made. I don't know how they ruined a film of such great potential but they found a way. Go watch The Siege of Firebase Gloria instead. Not only is it a great Vietnam movie which pays respect to both sides in the war but also it's very funny (almost as many laughs as Tropic Thunder).

Perfectly sums up how things go every time 1-2 encounters civilians, friendlies or wild animals: 

Oksman likes this

Hamburger hill is a good film classic lines good characters and horrific true battle. 

Wrong wrong wrong wrong...

you're wrong

you're wrong

you're wrong

So downloaded Siege of Firebase Gloria, watched about half then had to switch it off it was that bad....come on Hoofed...you can't compare that to Hamburger Hill....Hamburger hills soundtrack alone out does Siege of Firebase Gloria ...