hoofed

Apex Developer Diary: Setting & Content

33 posts in this topic

The latest sitrep from BIS suggests they'll announce the release date on the night:

"Creative Director Jay Crowe will be on-stage to announce the release date for Apex, and to drop more splendid Intel."

Some content is already hitting dev branch, had my first look at Tanoa today.

hoofed and PARKER like this

I like the fact we have more current day weapons in this expansion aswell which will mean reduced addon sizes since fewer mods needed to furfill whats needed :) 

Jason likes this

don't turn it into Zeus, lets make it an Angel instead.

technically it's unguided CAS :P

To quote the dev page:

"The storage space of the gunship variant is fully occupied by automated weapon stations and carried ammunition."

I'm guessing that's a no to transporting in the gunship

Release date has been announced: 11th July.

And there's been another update to dev branch so you can test out the new weapons and vehicles (which is what I'll be doing until Friday). :-D

Jason and PARKER like this

Whoever said it was going to be released soon doesn't understand game development: nothing is released early and rarely is anything released on time and to a reasonable standard. Now, with that being said I've got an hour to run around the jungle. I'll take some photos. :-]

MacGregor likes this

Argh gods dammit. Anyone else on dev build finding the vehicles and units are still missing?

8 hours ago, hoofed said:

Whoever said it was going to be released soon doesn't understand game development: nothing is released early and rarely is anything released on time and to a reasonable standard. Now, with that being said I've got an hour to run around the jungle. I'll take some photos. :-]

It was stated on steam as being out within this month

Which could been (and would most likely have been 30th June). Clearly they've slipped a little. But being told it's coming out in June and then expecting that to be the beginning of June is a bit naïve. It’s like when they say Q1 2016 they mean the arse end of Q1, probably a day before Q2 begins.

Goralight and Jason like this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

ahh, didn't realise there was another, cheers

Yeah, it didn't show up for me for quite a few hours.