Goralight

Admin Abuse & Discipline Discussion

59 posts in this topic

On Wednesday, January 04, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Oksman said:

We asked people who could do it yesterday in training. Pirate said he could possibly do it, we need someone because I can't attend this weekend

So rude boyo!

Was this before or after you killed me in the debrief...
No one mentioned anything to do with me making anything.

27 minutes ago, Goralight said:

Was this before or after you killed me in the debrief...
No one mentioned anything to do with me making anything.

Someone mentioned having you do it, you refused, Pirate volunteered.
So it's not you.

And seriously, messing around in the Arsenal is not half as distracting from debrief as shooting is. Thought you were the "don't fuck around"-guy around here @Oksman.

Tells people not to fuck around,
He himself fucks around.

Punishes people who uses the arsenal,
He can use it free-willy-nilly.

Again, bored of double standards.

Pilgrim and Filth like this

Shit son, I'm not perfect. But I do think we should stop messing around when shit is done properly. I do have issues keeping my spirits and seriousness up when I'm in a mission which has no structure, no leadership and useless execution, yes.

I can only say this for future reference, Arsenal shouldn't be used for getting anything other than stuff that is missing from kits that would be kind of gamebreaking. That's pretty much the only reason we should use it for

I'm not saying youre perfect.
But how can you punish, get annoyed, and enforce rules. When you yourself do not follow them.

I have had a short lack of focus and seriousness. You're talking like it's an every day occurrence, I'm pretty sure you've fucked around quite a lot more than I have in our days. But like I said, not the point, I'm talking ahead. Let's all chill with Arsenal and stop using it during missions, @R4IDER have used it to give himself non-allowed sights, and the more people do it the more common and acceptable it is. With nobody like me around, nobody says a word about it. Clearly we lack leadership with balls.

If someone instructed me and kept me straight in missions, I wouldn't ever have a problem. Ever wonder why nobody is able to fuck around when I'm in charge of things? I keep people in line, because rules are nothing if nobody enforces them. This is also where Chris shines.. might not have the brains but he sure does have the guts.

Juan Sanchez likes this

Main purpose of Arsenal is to get correct gear for new loadouts
Secondary if things are missing in the loadout
Not for assigning sunglasses or hats

Again,

"Only I can do it" complex.

If you want this shit to stop, wouldn't you only give that right to the current admin and ONLY that admin. The currently logged admin should be the person who created the mission, and thus wouldn't want to spike his own mission.

But this isn't the reason of my fucking bitch cry baby session. Bored of this clan doing sweet fuck all, double standards and just pointing fingers. There are some serious God-Complex's hanging around. 

Just now, Goralight said:

Again,

"Only I can do it" complex.

If you want this shit to stop, wouldn't you only give that right to the current admin and ONLY that admin. The currently logged admin should be the person who created the mission, and thus wouldn't want to spike his own mission.

But this isn't the reason of my fucking bitch cry baby session. Bored of this clan doing sweet fuck all, double standards and just pointing fingers. There are some serious God-Complex's hanging around. 

Haha what a laugh, I have been saying we should now attempt to improve on this and move forward. Me keeping serious and you as well, everyone involved. What is it that you're not getting? I'd love for you to prove me wrong though, who else can enforce rules in the clan? Tell me. I'd love to know. My God-Complex is thoroughly deserved, 7 years of trying to improve in infantry leadership gets you there... ;)

If....and its a big if, we all stop dicking around....Then we will :

Learn more.

Probably get people to stay in the clan longer.

Attract the right people in the first place.

Be able to hear what is being said on comms and by everyone generally.

Be a bit professional and grow as a clan.

So in general its a better idea to stop dicking around, especially during the mission as it fucks up immersion for everyone. 

So, i for one...will stop dicking around. What everyone else does is up to them...

steve(uj)

Pilgrim, GuzzenVonLidl and Filth like this

Gora has a point in the sense that

1. It is a sort of a double standard

2. Admins using their powers makes others envious.

Guilty of it as well. As a compromise: Maybe just allow ppl to wear glasses and facewear they select in their profile. That's my own admin abuse sorted.

unionjak likes this

Yes he does have a point, I agree. I think for future reference we should just avoid using it completely, there's a lot more admins now so setting a rule up is the point of this discussion. I doubt anyone would actually disagree on this, I'm obviously not innocent and I totally admit to that, but if nobody wants to enforce this shit then it won't work. But on admin abuse, it's probably not more than deciding that we have a rule against it.

About fucking around in missions, that's a different problem all together. That requires firm leadership more than self-control. Everyone loses focus, it's up to leaders to redirect focus and keep people in the game. FTLs.. most importantly

unionjak likes this

Council doesn't really involve people who fuck around in missions Chris, so no it's not just for council. Wide discussion here, not that you would understand being away most of the time

Filth likes this

16 hours ago, Oksman said:

About fucking around in missions, that's a different problem all together. That requires firm leadership more than self-control. Everyone loses focus, it's up to leaders to redirect focus and keep people in the game. FTLs.. most importantly

This isn't exactly part of the discussion, but it's part of what's pissing Gora off about the current state of affairs. And rightly so.

While I agree with the above Oks, it's dramatically oversimplifying things.

Imo it's everyones responsibility to keep a straight face. I've said this before in one of our training sessions that failed miserably: If you start dicking about, you're part of the problem.

Recently I've started to experience this myself: Leading is fucking hard. You have to depend on everyone to keep their focus. Leaders are trying hard to provide an enjoyable experience for you. Please don't sabotage their efforts, however inadequate they may be. It's always been one of our rules to utter complaints only once a session has finished. You're welcome to publically speak out or put your complaints in writing. Only then can we start working on our issues as a group.

There is no justification for your bullshit. Not your fellow player's misbehaviour, not the leader's incompetence. You're contributing to everything going to shit when you start dicking about. If leaders have to spend time to keep you in line, that is directly impeding their ability to provide a good game to everyone else.

It's everyone's business to be patient, to think before they act/speak, to keep their frustration to themselves until we're done playing.

Goralight, R4IDER and Pilgrim like this

No, it shouldnt impede time for leaders. These things RARELY happen during contact, so you'll have seconds to tell someone to simply shut up. Regardless this is something that has to be drilled during every hour we're playing, even if it is training.  As SL did I really have to look after people in the squad to keep them in line? Not really, it happened with recruits and sometimes it couldn't be fixed, but I don't recall too many issues because this is something we maintained every training, every mission and we kept doing it without pause.

Drilling people is what turned these rabble into something useful, it's not always about being a prick. I have justified everything I preached as SL, I explain to you why you do what you do and why you should do as you do. If people lose focus and fuck around when I'm leading, I'm not going to have it. Which is exactly why not a single fuck did so when I was leading. You tell these people off once and it's enough. A shake into focus if you will. I need that when I'm playing a non-essential role, if I ever lose focus.

Many times have I told people off.. it worked. You can't rely on simply telling people to behave and keep things disciplined, this has to be enforced. Not in a dick way necessarily, but definitely has to be done. Like for example another thing such as the LOA posting, why does barely no one miss the LOAs nowadays? Had issues with that for a long time, 1-2 too. I sorted this issue in 1-1, there's been so much carrot and sticks with teaching all of the veteran members, you might not remember it but I do.

The amount of people I have taught discipline to... so many recruits and all of 1-1. I know for a fact this can be fixed by some serious leadership, it doesn't even have to be by example, it's pure control that keeps people in line. This leading by example bullshit doesn't get you anywhere, ain't nobody give a fuck about that, especially not recruits.

The Stick works, use it.

Orev likes this

The stick doesn't always work it just shows insecurity you have to back it up with example and ability. If you lose focus and fuck around why should any one listen to you. 

Jason and MacGregor like this

1 minute ago, Des said:

The stick doesn't always work it just shows insecurity you have to back it up with example and ability. If you lose focus and fuck around why should any one listen to you. 

O captain, my captain

2 hours ago, Oksman said:

it doesn't even have to be by example, it's pure control that keeps people in line

Tell that to Sir John Moore.

History shows that the better fighting forces are those where the leaders are respected by the subordinates due to the example that they set.

The Rifles of the Peninsula War became one of the greatest units of their epoch. Their officers were expected to lead from the front and be just as capable if not better with a rifle than their charges. They also actively fought against corporal punishment using it only when absolutely necessary.

In the Airborne of WW2 the officers were expected to lead from the front, this included being the first out of the plane.

The stick as you so eloquently put it is a last resort and always should be.

Des and Goralight like this