Goralight

Joint Coop Reminder!

38 posts in this topic

Friendly Reminder!

We have a Joint-Coop on the 25th of February. We are using their mods and connecting to their server. So it is a requirement that you download the necessary mods.

They do not use Arma3Sync. Instead they use something called "Swifty" which uses the same principles. Please go to this thread:

And follow the guide on how to install the application, along with connecting to our own repo.

Once you have done that, please connect to the 102nd's repo (the people we are going to be playing with) on these details:

http://s3.armaseries.cz:86   <--- This is the repo address, similar to what you entered for own own repo in the above guide.

The address of the game server:  78.46.16.15:2306

And the password: 525

Below is the list of mods we will be using:

• ACE 3
  • ACEX 3
  • CBA
  • ACRE 2
  • RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (AFRF)
  • RHS: United States Armed Forces (USF)
  • RHS: Green Forces (GREF)
  • ASCZ Heads (44MB) - Face pack which the majority of 102nd’s members use
  • 102nd TMF (10MB) - 102nd’s mission-making framework

It is important that you get Swifty sorted, and mods downloaded well before the day of the operation (25/02)
If you need any help, please ask any council members and we will assist you :)

Please, please please... Get this sorted at least a couple of days before the Operation day.
And please get familiar with the Swifty Application

Or if you are having problems with swifty if you can download the mods manually here! 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0nR9t0mh_PNUkFkaGNXT1RydTg?usp=sharing

Gora <3

Filth, Des, Jason and 1 other like this

Using acre will there be a chance to learn it and familiarise ourselves haven't touched it since A2

There is a map we can test on our own server (I think - I will have to check)

But its the basic controls:

Capslock is to transmit.

Hold tab and scroll wheel to change how loud your voice is.

Thats.. pretty much it think everything else is done for us.

2 hours ago, Goralight said:

There is a map we can test on our own server (I think - I will have to check)

But its the basic controls:

Capslock is to transmit.

Hold tab and scroll wheel to change how loud your voice is.

Thats.. pretty much it think everything else is done for us.

Radios on the right channel? Other bits can we get a test server. I should be free to join that sat but not sure how much time I'll have before that

I think ACRE doesn't use frequencies, I think it's just channels and stuck to certain sides, not sure how the long range works, if it's 10 channels for long range and 10 channels for short range or if it's set to the same, like our setup in TFR

ACRE will be running on the server from tonight and it will be available on A3S

ACRE does not use frequencies, it uses channels, basic radio (PRC-343) has 2 or 3 blocks(I think) each block contains 12 channels, block 1using 1-12, block 2 13-24 etc
Channels have custom names depending on setup, making things soooooo much easier for everyone, also framework autoconfigures correct starting channel for each group

12 hours ago, GuzzenVonLidl said:

making things soooooo much easier for everyone

I just hope I can use up to 4 channels at the same time otherwise ACRE is going to be a downgrade for me.

Goralight and Des like this

Rodger I'll try to get on this week and sort my mods any chance the server can be up just to check and learn things on say Thursday 

4 hours ago, hoofed said:

I just hope I can use up to 4 channels at the same time otherwise ACRE is going to be a downgrade for me.

Why are you using every channel we have? I have only tested up to 3

On 13/02/2017 at 10:02 AM, Goralight said:

Below is the list of mods we will be using:

• ACE 3
  • ACEX 3
  • CBA
  • ACRE 2
  • RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (AFRF)
  • RHS: United States Armed Forces (USF)
  • RHS: Green Forces (GREF)
  • ASCZ Heads (44MB) - Face pack which the majority of 102nd’s members use
  • 102nd TMF (10MB) - 102nd’s mission-making framework

I believe I've eventually got Swifty functioning and have downloaded the 102nd Repo to build an AAC training session for it.

Do we know if we are using ACE3 or ACE3_102nd? I now have two different ACE versions.

Goralight likes this

Oh also, are these mods available on our server so we can get some training done or is it just ACRE that we have?

Raptor likes this

Hey there folks! This is Fanatic from 102nd. I'm the one who is organizing the event so if you have any questions or requests feel free to let me know.

I will send download links after the weekend to those of you having problems with Swifty so that you can get the right mods from a different source.

Also I could use this topic to give you guys a preview of the mission and its briefing in a couple of days. Unless you prefer a different way of doing it.

That should be it for now. See you on saturday soldiers!

PARKER and Orev like this

You read my mind @Fanatic, any pre-brief details you can get over to us would be greatly appreciated, the sooner the better.

Thanks and see you on the battlefield!

Fanatic likes this

So the first piece of information and the first thing Id like to sort out is ACRE2 and the slotting.

The company will consist of two infantry platoons (GOL and 102nd) and your own AAC.

Your platoon will have a lead element with 4 slots (CO, plt sgt, FAC and a medic) and 2 squads (each with two 5-men fireteams). All the roles in the fire-teams should correspond with your normal setup (leader, AT, grenadier, assist. gunner with medical supplies and AR). Your platoon lead element will be commanding the whole company and operation.

Our platoon will have a lead element with 2 slots (CO, medic) and two 8--men squads but we will probably have to go without the lead element due to a lower player count than i had hoped for (15ish). :((

Your AAC will have four 2men crews and a selection of helicopters to choose from. UH-60 Blackhawks and MH-6 Littlebirds for transport and AH-64s for CAS.

Now regarding the radios all the radios and channels will be preset from the beginning so you wont have to bother with acquiring them or changing the channels. What i need to make sure is that you have all the channels that you need and all the roles have the necessary radios set on them.

The radios and channels are currently as follows:
343 - shortrange radio channels (everyone will have one of these depending on which group theyre in):
1 - Squad 1-1 (GOL)
2 - Squad 1-2 (GOL)
3 - 1st platoon lead (GOL)
4 - Squad 2-1 (102nd)
5 - Squad 2-2 (102nd)
6 - 2nd platoon lead (102nd)
7 - AAC shortrange (a shortrange channel that all the pilots will be on - there is a working intercom in the vehicles so the crew members will hear each other without a radio)

148/117 - longrange radio channels:
1 - 1st platoon command net (everyone in the platoon lead element and every squad leader will have a 148 on this channel for platoon communication)
2 - 2nd platoon command net (same as above)
3 - FAC-AAC net (all pilots and FAC will have a big 117 radio set on this channel)
4 - Ground command net (both platoon leaders will have another 148 on this channel to communicate between platoons)

So in short. Everyone has a shortrange radio to communicate with his group. Every squad and platoon leader has a 148 to communicate with his platoon. Every platoon leader has an additional 148 to communicate between the two platoons. And every pilot+FAC have a longrange 117 set on the same channel.

Obviously there are more channels that we can use after the mission starts if we need. But id like to preset as much as i can to avoid complications and also whatever is set before the start will appear on a briefing page that lists all the channels and who is on them.

My main question is if fire-team leaders should have a 148 to communicate with leaders in the platoon and if pilots need any other radios besides FAC net and shortrange AAC net?

More information will follow as we work this out.

PARKER, Filth and Orev like this

3 hours ago, Fanatic said:

and if pilots need any other radios besides FAC net and shortrange AAC net?

Our normal setup consists of 1 SR and 1 LR frequency so this is perfect. :)

Fanatic likes this

21 hours ago, Fanatic said:

My main question is if fire-team leaders should have a 148...

Yes, our TLs carry a148 :)

Fanatic likes this

BRIEFING

SITUATION
April 6th, 2017, 9am, Daylight, Cloudy weather

The russian army on Altis is on the retreat. At this moment they control the NE part of the island. Our next objective will be to capture the towns of Rodopoli, Paros and Kalochori. Each target has its own codename assigned: Rodopoli - Kilo, Paros - Lima and Kalochori - Mike

Each one of the towns is heavily defended and is significant to the Russians. Rodopoli is where their forward headquarters is, Kalochori is where they keep their supply and service vehicles and Paros is swarming with infantry units ready to mount attacks against us. Capturing all of them will deliver a big blow to the Russians and it will make our road to victory much easier.

Enemy forces
The forward HQ in Rodopoli is guarded by a motorized platoon with three fortified positions around the town that are marked on the map. There are BTRs patrolling the town and a static AA gun has been spotted inside the town.

Our intel is limited for the other two towns but expect heavier resistance. At least two platoons of infantry supported by BTRs, BMPs, tanks and Shilkas.

Friendly forces
Two US Army infantry platoons supported by AAC

MISSION
- Capture objective Kilo - the Russian forward HQ and fortified positions in Rodopoli
- Capture objective Lima - clear Paros of enemy units
- Capture objective Mike - the Russian supply yard with ammo and service vehicles
- Eliminate any reinforcements that will get in your way

EXECUTION
Commander's intent
You should use helicopters to insert infantry near objective Kilo and capture it with the help of AAC. After the town is secured both platoons will hold position and the AAC will bring in potential reinforcements. From there you will continue to the second and third objective. The way you will do this and the order is at the operation commander's discretion. The mission will be completed once you have secured all three objectives and safely extracted from the area.

Movement plan
The initial insertion will be done by transport helicopters and the LZ should be anywhere inside the green area. From there the infantry will continue on foot and the AAC can switch their helicopters for gunships or any other helo at their own or commanders discretion. The AAC will transport reinforcements to the area after objective Kilo is secured. After securing the other two objectives infantry will be extracted from the area by AAC.

Please respect the designated AO for the sake of gameplay. Flying from base to the AO and back obviously doesn't count.

AAC instructions
Your tasks are to transport troops and provide close air support with AH-64s once the infantry hits the ground. Sling loading is allowed in the mission so you will be able to transport ammo crates with additional supplies if necessary. The crates are prepared on the airfield. Rearming and refueling can be done on the emergency helipad and full repairs should be possible using the repair truck. If reinforcements are spawned you will transport them to the area. Also there are powerlines marked on the map to make your life easier.

ADMINISTRATION
There will be one respawn wave available after the first objective is secured. More info about that later.

5x UH-60 Blackhawks, 2x AH-64 Apache, 4x MH-6 Littlebird prepared on the airfield.

Resupply ammo crates ready on the airfield for sling loading into the area.

Rearm and refuel helipad on the airfield + a repair truck.

Ammo crate with additional radios in the hangar. For reinforcements only because they will spawn without them.

MAP SCREENSHOTS
Xgmw2sj.jpg

caxWcbd.jpg

4kGwSsh.jpg

P.S.: I hope i did not forget anything. There might be slight differences mainly in the administration part but the mission story itself will stay the same. If you have any questions or requests let me know guys. :)

Orev, PARKER, Lt.Chris and 2 others like this

Operation plan (draft)

EXECUTION
Obj 1 (Kilo)
Both platoons to be dropped around 177168. Advance on Kilo from NW and then a sweep SE. Company tasked with securing enemy HQ and fortified positions.

AAC will provide inital transport and ISTARs, then CAS on fortifications. T4s to be reinserted after Kilo is secured. If too much time (>50 mins) is used on securing Kilo, we may request airlift to Lima.

Obj 2 (Lima)
Lima to be entered from W and N and swept through towards SE.

AAC to provide ISTARs and CAS. Resuply after objective secured.

Obj 3 (Mike)
Both platoons will leave Lima, moving SE. One will provide overwatch, the other will flank around and enter Mike from NE. This will be followed by a joint push SW. The objective is to secure enemy supply yard and support vehicles.

AAC - ISTARs, CAS, extract after objective secured.

NOTES
Towns will be devided into grids and those will be assigned to platoons / squads.
AAC needs to prioritize AAA at Kilo and Shilka(s) at Lima / Mike. No flying over objectives until AA is destroyed.

OOB

cMzwcxm.jpg

@PARKER
Talk about what?
Beny confirmed earlier today that we will be using basic medical system,
Since Beny will be leading our platoon, he and I also had a walkthrough of the plan for each objective on platoon level