Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Filth

Training OPORD 12/09/2017

Training Day 12/09/17 19:00 BST   17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. Will notify as soon as possible.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Training Subjects

Breaching Focus in continuation of last week's session

-Repetition: Basic Procedures

-Complex Breaching: Large Buildings, Compounds

Leadership Focus

-NCOs take charge of their teams during trainings

-SqL Zeusing for training purposes

Mission

HELLFIRE PART ONE

Transport the Taliban commander to the southern airfield for interrogation, the results of this mission will impact the future operations on 16/09/2017

loading.jpg

PARKER likes this

Guys i might or might not be here tonight. I won't know until later... i will cast my vote as maybe :(

I see it is really interesting... i hope to be there.

Training was useful. Good and bad.

Would like to hear more quick planning from top down regarding breaching.

Maybe TL's and Squad leader quickly brief amongst themselves. preferably out of earshot if possible. Then TL's come back to team and tell them what the plan is. This MAY prevent grunts second guessing or being confused by swirling ideas and MAY focus everyone on what little part of the world they have to kick ass in.

Mission was solid. R4ider innit.

From Alpha's point of view, we seemed to work well together. Again i had more blood pumped into me than an anaemic vampire. Seemed to the team pin cushion this week.

Good work and better awareness by our guys in acting on injured team mates. Would still like to hear more assertive info being relayed to the TL, but it has definitely improved over the last few weeks.

Enjoyed the push through at the end.

Thanks for the mammary's.  

PARKER, unionjak and Filth like this

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Can you go into a little more detail on this please?

Maybe TL's and Squad leader quickly brief amongst themselves. preferably out of earshot if possible. Then TL's come back to team and tell them what the plan is. This MAY prevent grunts second guessing or being confused by swirling ideas and MAY focus everyone on what little part of the world they have to kick ass in.

During a mission, I will do it more or less as you suggest if the situation demands/time permits. It has pros and conns, the main problem being potentially added down time. Valuable input though, I will try to emphasize this a bit more to see if there's a genuine benefit to it. Opinions?

On that note, big thanks to @PARKER and @MACKAULE for doing a job nobody else wants to do. It's a lot of fun working with you. Your dedication is appreciated I think there's some good team building happening here during these last two excercises. The problem is that this isn't happening with the designated NCOs of the squad.

Good work and better awareness by our guys in acting on injured team mates.

Major focus of the weeks to come with more Adv Med.

Would still like to hear more assertive info being relayed to the TL

Assertive info?

Mission was good. Nothing too fancy editing wise, but certainly well made. Alpha team killed it. Top comms, top initiative, excellent conduct throughout. Credit to the cause. Bravo usually supported with vehicles and HMGs while Alpha was used as an infantry screen. Simple, works, good fun.

Squad leadership was keeping the reins fairly loose, but this a necessity in motorised ops. Again, higher leadership has to rely on subordinate's awareness and initiative, see above. I was pleasently surprised to see that reaction to contact on all levels is much improved in motorised ops. We keep going like this we'll be genuinely good at it very soon.

9/10 good work all, thanks!

PARKER and MACKAULE like this

16 minutes ago, Filth said:

16 minutes ago, Filth said:

Can you go into a little more detail on this please?

Sure. More simple but effective explanation's from the TL's to the rest of the team as to our approach to the breach. If, as you say, time allows. There was a little confusion and the information didn't trickle down quite as effectively as it may have done. But as you say, the two TL's are doing really well stepping up and learning fast.

During a mission, I will do it more or less as you suggest if the situation demands/time permits. It has pros and conns, the main problem being potentially added down time. Valuable input though, I will try to emphasize this a bit more to see if there's a genuine benefit to it. Opinions?

Agreed. Its just about disseminating the orders the Squad leader wants carried out, via the TL's more accurately i guess

On that note, big thanks to @PARKER and @MACKAULE for doing a job nobody else wants to do. It's a lot of fun working with you. Your dedication is appreciated I think there's some good team building happening here during these last two excercises. The problem is that this isn't happening with the designated NCOs of the squad.

Agreed

Major focus of the weeks to come with more Adv Med.

Cool. Its all going in the right direction.

Assertive info?

In terms of AG's/team mates letting TL's know when a man is down a little quicker and more assertively. Again, i can only see this improving. 

GG guys

Filth likes this

1 hour ago, Filth said:

Your dedication is appreciated I think there's some good team building happening here during these last two excercises. The problem is that this isn't happening with the designated NCOs of the squad.

1 hour ago, Filth said:

School made it nearly impossible to attend the training missions for me. Also shame that life is getting in the way now

Pilgrim, Filth and PARKER like this

Mooooornin...

Another really useful training session from my point of view, felt good to continue where we left off last week, had my notes from last week sitting there and it felt progressive, I could also hear that from other team members, pointing out things we had learnt last time, really good to see.

Filth put in a top job again, making an effort to include those that weren't able to attend last week this week to ensure they at least knew what we had done and he could assess their skill set. Also offering the last breach up for suggestion was great, felt like a team!

15 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

14 hours ago, Filth said:

I think this is partly down to the TL's experience, if someone say like Guzzen or Oksman were leading a squad in training they probably know a majority of the buildings and have a good idea on how to direct their team well for minimum risk and wouldn't probably require advice about how they handle it. But for someone like me (i.e new to TL) the advise from the SL will be useful in moderation, but its also good to get the TL to think on their feet and learn the hard way whats not a good approach. In either scenario quick clear instruction on the breach like Pilg says is a must and I will be trying to do this more regularly to build my own experience  or until the team don't need instruction (again team make up dependent). The 2nd breach on the HQ building was a good example, 1st time round I got lost in the game (as I was breaching) and didn't direct my team well enough due to well death! the 2nd time I placed myself on perimeter defense so I could check what my team were doing and direct them if required.

Agree with the quick briefs comment as well, Bravo did this before Alpha went in which I think was really good team building and I would encourage was to offer the scenario out to the team, before Bravo breached we moved to one side and talked through the breach. In this particular scenario we didn't need to talk approach as there was only 1 door but I assigned specific tasks to each member of the team and ensured they knew what they were doing. First time didn't go to well but the 2nd time I swapped around as mentioned and we nailed it I think though it was a half cleared building at that point. ANyway the main thing being we were all happy with the approach and we executed it quickly and I learnt a little about my teammates.

If only we were able to ensure the teams never changed but as we know this is impossible.

With regards to the Op, I really enjoyed it again as TL. Again I learned a little about my game play style and the do's and don't of TL'ing its just keeping all of that info in the old grey matter that worries me :) I fear I may have to make the same mistakes a few times before it really goes in. Being this was my 2nd TL role it was interesting to be lead by Raider as SL compared to Filths leadership on Saturday, again something I'll try and get used as the styles are different.

I enjoyed the mechanized part of the op, supporting Alpha where we could. I again made some bad orders to my team and found myself a bit panic'd when in contact, I find it difficult to balance my concentration on keeping my team well positioned, doing something at least and keeping my own ass out of trouble as well as communicating all of that well to Actual.

All in all I had a blast and I hope we can keep this up as the trainings atm are really helpful and enjoyable.

Thanks all

Pilgrim and Filth like this