Filth

Training OPORD 10/10/17

Training Day 10/10/17 19:00 BST   18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. Will notify as soon as possible.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

Training Subjects

Re-familiarisation with Terrain:

Chernarus

Explosive Ordnance Disposal
-Continuing our Drills

Refresher: Machine Gun Teams

Motorised Focus:

-Repetition

-Center Peel

Mission

by @GuzzenVonLidl on Malden

Edited by Filth
unionjak likes this

Feedback please.

How confident do you guys feel with disarming various mines and UXO?

What caused the confusion during motorised training?

Was there an actual benefit to @GuzzenVonLidl's AI modification, disregarding bad server performance? Did you feel the AI was more capable than usual?

defusing UXO is about being careful, people approach the final centimeters too quickly by holding the forward key. You should also wiggle the camera around to refresh the action menu as angles and stuff can play a part. But foremost being careful is the main solution.

Motorized, need to have drivers lessons in how to drive efficiently, people don't know the easiest way to turn around etc. Define wiggle-room / dispersion on march, and better communication on the turns / herringbones from leaders of column / leaders of each vehicle. 

unionjak likes this

4 hours ago, Filth said:

Feedback please.

How confident do you guys feel with disarming various mines and UXO?

What caused the confusion during motorised training?

Was there an actual benefit to @GuzzenVonLidl's AI modification, disregarding bad server performance? Did you feel the AI was more capable than usual?

TLDR

1. Just need to inch forward to mines

2.People may not be aware of the maneuvers and sthud stuff.

3.Might be worth looking for an already made adv AI script and changing it. I like the initiative though.

Just to clarify things for people

First time we played this mission, we got low frames and even resulting in some people crashing, in that mission I used a modified version of upsmon, I modified it because #1 parts of it is broken in arma 3 and spits out errors
#2 it uses performance heavy loops

Yesterdays mission Version 2 should have without issue, I replaced upsmon with another ai tweak that I used before in some missions without any issues, somehow that managed to fail.
Leaving only one result, its something else
I debugged the mission today and and think I figured it out but cant confirm without testing with multiple people

Luke, Filth and unionjak like this

Training.

Disarming UXO does not work for me.

I like to think I’m not a complete klutz when it comes to “things Arma”. I’m telling you. Interact does not work for me. Whether my weapon is slung or not. Whether I inch forward or not. Whether prone or crouched. No spanner. No diffuse option. In fact I can remain still for ten seconds and it will still go off. I’ve tried everything.

Im glad it works for others. It doesn’t for me.

Every other mine and explosive is diffused fine.

Concentration levels and general game face seemed fairly low this week, which seemed to spread. Even I went a bit doolally, taking up an extra vehicle. My bad.

I put this down to forgetting I was in Bravo, not Alpha, and generally being distracted by having all my settings deleted for the first part of the night.

This spilled into motorised training, where everyone’s basic skills seemed to be lacking. Dispersion was ridiculous. Concentration was low. But as long as one or two learned a few things then I suppose that’s something.

The mission has a lot of potential, and it’s a shame about the tech issues.

I think we had better bury this session with a string of garlic and a silver bullet. 

Filth likes this