Filth

Training OPORD 23/01/18

Training Day 23/01/18 19:00 BST   9 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

panzergrenadiere.jpg

Training Subjects

Mechanised Focus: Standard Maneuvers

-Dismounting & Mounting up

-Rushing

-Infantry Screens

-Hunter/Killer

Preparatory Reading (Optional)

TBA

Mission

CO@21 Operation Bite & Hold

overview.PNG

Situation:

On a rainy morning, an AAF mechanised platoon attempt to re-capture parts of Pyrgos, which is currently under the control of CSAT.

Enemy Forces:
CSAT is equally matched to AAF forces. They field a mechanised force with potential air support. Their positions are well defended, using deadly AT weapons which need to be found and destroyed before the assault begins.

detail.PNG

Tasking:

Phase 1:

Reconnoitre Southern Fortifications. Destroy enemy heavy weapons before moving up to supply dump and establishing FOB there.

Phase 2:

Seize Southern Fortifications and Port Storage. Optional: Establish a defense on Line Red.

Phase 3:

Seize Enemy AA Position. Optional: Establish a defense on Line Orange.

Phase 4:

Seize Enemy HQ and Central Fortifications. Establish defense on Line Green.

Winning condition:

At 08:15 mission time, no enemy forces must be present South of Line Red.

Notes:

-Pilots most welcome! @Raptor @Jason @TheMrRigs @Goralight

SMAW Launcher System

In this mission, AT riflemen will be using SMAW launcher systems. These come with two types of high explosive rounds:

-HEAA (Anti Armour)

-HEDP (Dual Purpose, use against infantry, fortifications, light vehicles)

The SMAW includes a 9mm Spotting Rifle which shoots visible tracers. You select this by cycling firing modes (default: F). Spotting rounds allow for accurate ranging through the scope of the weapon system. Spotting rounds will be issued at the beginning of the operation. Spotters can facilitate the process and extend range.

Edited by Filth
SMAW info updated. Ingame time moved forward 45min.

I'd love to but as always mid-week sessions are most likely not possible for me :angry:

46 minutes ago, unionjak said:

This is a week next tuesday ?

This is in two weeks from now.

Moved ingame time to make light conditions a little more forthcoming.

Also updated SMAW info. If you want to play as TL or Rifleman, please read.

Feedback please!

How do you like mechanised?

Would you like to do something like this on Saturdays, together with AAC? Kill even more stuff?

LIked the training/mission a lot as it was common sense and not to hard to remember. The only thing about mechanised is that for driver or even commander it may be a tad boring if your doing it the whole mission......

Mission was great, if not a bit laggy and was good to see @Oksman back and giving it his all...got to say when he is on his game, well good shit happens.

Well done mission creator @Filth this HAS to be played again...maybe scaled right up ? :)

Well done all, really enjoyed it...good company and classic times again :)

Filth likes this

it was lots of fun trianing ent mission, i hef no kompleants at all

On ‎23‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 6:03 PM, Filth said:

Moved ingame time to make light conditions a little more forthcoming.

Also updated SMAW info. If you want to play as TL or Rifleman, please read.

war on the form do i find it ?

24 minutes ago, SoKkada said:

war on the form do i find it ?

It's in this OPORD. See above.

I'm more motivated to not look like an idiot when I'm leading, this is why I can play seriously. I said to myself that I shan't be a dickins, so I came in trying to be happy, but people's instant assumption was that I was high as a kite. This is true, anyway, it was fun to lead @unionjak and @UnknownEngineer, stats say it all, we busted all dem fools that Filthy and his crew didn't kill which was upwards 30. Nice flow in close quarters, it's much easier to follow when somebody tells you exactly what to do, and it works everytime. Unionjak and Engineer were MVPs, Engineer saved our shit killing those two vehicles and Unionjak took a few bullets for me.

True mark of a good leader is surviving on his own and only getting his team members killed. K/D Deluxe

h98C2652F

Editing: Adapted to our needs, I like missions that are designed for the limitations of mechanized, no ATGMs and heavy vehicles which all made it more manageable. I would have liked to see more contacts but I probably missed all the action, joining  in when we hit the port.

Filth, R4IDER, PARKER and 1 other like this