Filth

Training OPORD 01/02/18

Training Day 01/02/18 19:00 BST   12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

NEW TRAINING DAY: THURSDAY

NO MORE TRAININGS ON TUESDAYS

Training OPORD Thursday, 01/02/18

Training Subjects

-Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)

-Repetition: Contact Reports

-Repetition: Casualty Tier System

Mission

TBA by @GuzzenVonLidl

PARKER likes this

Mission will be on Tanoa, but dont worry, it will not be a jungle
This is a preview of my auto replacement script

46a552e2d5641b061f3ec5fb01516f56.jpg

de4cd204c7f4df2e3e1bf0f11b7266c1.jpg

Filth likes this

I don't think I understand this. Why make a mission on a jungle map if you're just going to remove the jungle?

Cool script though

Performance, you can choose the procentage you wish to keep. You can change old trees on Chernarus to new trees from Arma 3 etc. Can be useful to balance things out in Jungles

Jason likes this

Bumping this.

Trainings moved to Thursdays. We will skip Tuesday, 30/01/2018.

Mission was THE SHIT for me. Loved the editing and theres not much that could have gone better in this mission.

Maybe we need to keep our heads down a bit more but i'm just excited to actually see some contacts on this map. I think this map is awesome if the mission maker calculates how the mission will play out. Thanks @GuzzenVonLidl for this awesome mission.

Comms with @R4IDER were pretty smooth i think, i heard @SoKkada say there were some issues with bad comms and i would like to hear a more detailed report on what went wrong since there is probably some stuff i didn't pay attention too.

Thanks everyone.

8/10

Filth, R4IDER and GuzzenVonLidl like this

8 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Comms with @R4IDER were pretty smooth i think, i heard @SoKkada say there were some issues with bad comms and i would like to hear a more detailed report on what went wrong since there is probably some stuff i didn't pay attention too.

the commes ware just realy bizzy, ent with commmes from all 3 team gowing to reader it just hard to get a com in for my i geas. ent i had evel to wurry aboud . so i fink it was more stres then bad commes  :P 

Pirate likes this

Mission went fairly okay, mostly as planned everything spawned as they should and it is an action packed one with constant shooting
People played with no trees which were an issue, its mod related and I have already fixed that, thanks to @ThecMaster for helping.
Once this mod fix goes in it will more or less be a new mission as it will play completely differently

@ThecMaster Avoid team killing, 2 is way to many
@Pirate did a good job leading Charlie all the way though the mission, at times we had multiple casualties and at others things went very smooth with no casualties while assaulting locations

People always being under fire, calling out contacts and casualties there is no shock the comms were busy

Side note, I was planning on having a radio jammer at the tower however testing it a day earlier with neko it sadly failed

ThecMaster, R4IDER, SoKkada and 1 other like this

Thanks for what was a useful session from my point of view, and special thanks to @Raptor for a quick guest appearance!

It's my impression that, over time, basic skills and knowledge deteriorate. Rather quickly. Contact reports for instance require constant repitition. The NCOs, including myself, will attempt to keep up our proficiency providing that repition in a variety of subjects.

I appreciate your criticism, such as @unionjak's comments on the Squad Direction System (which I still think needs re-naming and further training). Don't blindly accept everything I tell you. Within reasonable limits, I would prefer you stay flexible.

Mission Feedback @GuzzenVonLidl

The jungle removal script (for lack of a better word) made Tanoa a genuinely fun experience. Classic hill fighting from strongpoint to strongpoint. Good mixture of medium/close range combat.

Personally, I enjoyed the luxury of playing as an AR. I got to kill lots of things and walk at the rear end of a Squad Column. A perspective I've become unfamiliar with. A welcome change of pace. Let other people make the difficult decisions.

Bravo team functioned very well. Lots of good contact reports, improvisation and use of cover. @Chroma and @Luke were very helpful team mates.

On the other hand, there was a lot of down time for @PARKER's Bravo team. The decision finding process seemed very slow from my perspective. My suggestion to Parker would be to offer opportunities up to his squad leader. Ask for permission to execute ideas, help extend @R4IDER's awareness.

Similarly, something like this would happen at points:

Bravo would receive an order, Parker would immediately execute that order and commit himself to a certain flank or a certain piece of terrain. R4IDER would then have Parker belay that order, and have him do something entirely different; for instance, have Bravo peel back to the opposite flank of the Squad when we were already executing a forward maneuver. When you are commited to an action, it must be seen through.

SqLs need to be aware of this fact. Interrupting an action causes waiting times for each and every player - in essence: we don't get a lot done. It might even put the element in question in uneccessary danger. However, an SqL might not be aware of this fact. If that is the case, his TL should inform him that he is already commited to a previous order and unable to reverse that commitment safely/within a reasonable time frame. This relates to the idea of decisiveness. We as Team/Squad leaders need to be decisive. That means: Whenever we make a decision, we need to stand by that decision, whether it is good or bad. 

TL;DR

Was good fun though.

8/10 Best Tanoa I ever saw.

PARKER likes this