Filth

Training OPORD 01/03/18

Training Day 01/03/18 19:00 BST   7 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Training Subjects

Focus: Reaction to Contact (Unprepared)

-Theory & Basics

-Exercise: Valley Foot Patrol

In addition, there will be several news announcements at the beginning of the session. Please be on time.

Mission

TBA by @GuzzenVonLidl

I'm afraid the snow has hit and I'm stuck at my GF's and I can't get home. :wacko: Even the 4x4’s are struggling now.

Jason likes this

Lol.

Fun to lead, rusty as fuck. Clusterfuck comms by me, confused everyone with my leading. @SoKkada hates me, @Lt.Chris hates me, but it's okay. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea. 

Points that I gathered that I need to work on:

Chat Spam Bot - Talk less with more thought out sentences, effective radio communications.
Use the fucking radio procedures
Less mixing of the team - Obviously. I got lost on who was who. Confused everyone but mostly myself.
Less Micromanage in CQB - I will always micromanage, that's my instinct. I will consider giving more broader orders when in CQB.

Those were my weaknesses this mission. If you know me, you're ready for what I'm going to say. In my opinion this was a really well executed mission, small bumps on the way, some other options I could have considered but still really good. I know I had a clear intent on our approach and execution, and I tried to apply it. That's where I failed, communications on how to execute was way too clouded and micromanaged.

Again to reiterate when I lead like this, I'm not trying to be an ass. Leading like I do, I gets results. People might not like it all the time to take such direct orders, but it sure as shit gets the job done! I'm not houding at the team leaders with orders and communications to be annoying, or to be a dick. It's just how I lead, I take command and I don't let things slide loosely.

I'll try better next year.

Sidenote: I said the leadership mindset that I have, is to talk, not shoot. This mission I managed to lead the Squad to victory,  we killed at least 5 times our numbers and as a leader I didn't fire a single round that whole game. I kill with my radio, not my rifle! You carried the game, and I barely did shit. Just the way I like it! Lets ignore the fact that we had like 30 casualties :) let's not even discuss this!

Sorry @SoKkada

Filth likes this

wy dont hate you bud it was realy confusing the shit out of my.

ent i like my freedom as a TL to make disisens as well .

bud you broud us victory ent thet good, but keep in mind thet evry 1 need to hef fun as well ent seadly i dit not hef it  lest nicht.

i am a bit slow ent still tring to learn a lot off stuff in the TL Role  i want to by come a NCO bud heffing a your style in thare is good same time's you keep up the speed,

ent making it go faster ent thate's 1 of the fing's i need to leearn as well.

SQ- 5 / 10  do to confusing  coms

TL's  ? / ?  this missoin wy had no time to work togater.

Misoin over all 7 / 10

greets

Filth likes this

From my perspective, this training session worked better than last week's. I had enough time to prepare a proper script and plan for it. I believe that we did make some good examples of what works (prioritising survival over killing the enemy, maintaining control of the situation) and what doesn't work (loss of leadership, lack of intiative).

As I said, this is a training subject we will come back to from time to time. As was suggested by @Lt.Chris, I will take this into different terrains and see how we fare.

One thing I was extremely surprised by was @Oksman's presence yesterday. For a change, he had his head in the game and some genuinely useful things to say for all of us. His leadership style during the mission was old-school, yet influenced by more recent styles of leading and communicating. Highly interesting to see. This is the Oks I knew back in the day when I joined the group: Center stage. An eager, motivated performer. Oks, I think this is the side of you we all miss. Good to see it's still there.

Personally I have no complaints about the squad leadership during the mission. Obviously, minor faults here and there and confusing comms, but each and every SqL is partial to that. What I particularly liked was that your intent was always clear to me, even as just a grunt I knew what our objective was. Sadly, my TL @Lt.Chris did not share that knowledge for whatever reason. Bravo operated on their own initiative even if orders to the contrary had been given. Our team did not have their priorities straight. As a consequence, we took a ridiculous ammount of casualties, the majority of which were, again, Chris. I like agressiveness. But there is a time and a place for it. Bravo's actions were pure recklessness. Personally, I was lucky most of the time, but as a grunt, I don't appreciate being led to the slaughter.

This aspect does not only extend from a TL down to his team members, it also extends upwards to your SqL: As Oks put it during the mission, initiative is good. But it needs to be communicated. Higher echelon leadership must have a chance to veto your actions. If there is no chance for that your actions are purely - loss of control on a squad level which could have even more far reaching (and deadly) consequences.

Bravo was a really good team though. @Chroma is an excellent buddy to have, very competent in CQB, always keeps his calm and has excellent Arma eyes. @unionjak and @madmatt were very cute together, too. Lastly I'd like to add that casualty processing in Bravo went perfectly.

I enjoyed both the training and the mission a lot. Made my day.

8/10 GG

Oksman likes this

Sorry I couldn’t make it. Any announcements I should know about?

2 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Sorry I couldn’t make it. Any announcements I should know about?

Don't believe we have an LOA from you.

Essentially, all the news can be found in the last Council Summary:

Main points with relevance to the infantry:

GOL is reverting to Basic Medical for all Operations. The reduced workload for AAC must be counterbalanced by an effort made by the mission makers, providing additional tasking for AAC. Recommendations for achieving just that can be found here:

The second important point is the re-introduction of 4x magnified optics for riflemen only. This is currently in a testing phase, pending feedback.

Lastly, @Jason pointed out an almost complete absence of feedback. 1-1's NCOs have made a commitment to encourage feedback in personal conversations during mission and training debriefs. This will obviously take some time out of all our gameplay, but since we see no means of enforcing written feedback, this is our only option.

Yes. I put it on this thread. Apologies. Was dealing with a homeland security issue. 

unionjak likes this

I've always been this guy, but I lack the motivation and mood to do it like I did back then. Yesterday I said to myself, I'mma show who the fuck I am. Happy it was noticed, looking forward to the next attempt

Filth likes this