PARKER

Training OPORD 08/03/18

Training Day 01/03/18 19:00 GMT   8 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yep
    • Nope. LOA posted
    • Maybe. NCO Notified

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training Subjects

Focus: HLS Procedures

Please be on time.

Mission

Operation Stop It in Chernarus by @SoKkada

Edited by Filth
Sokkada Mission Info added
hoofed, Filth and Pilgrim like this

A Platoon SOP, a very old one, but it should give you some idea of the thought process behind deploying and extracting troops via the air.

PARKER and hoofed like this

12 hours ago, Devastator said:

Btw, I think @SoKkada  deserved a Humanitarian Service Medal after today's mission. He patched a wounded enemy soldier to demonstrate good behaviour :)

Cool.

Training

@PARKER's contribution to training continues to be very valuable. Both for himself and the rest of us. Not to forget that without @hoofed, this wouldn't have been possible.

Not a perfect session, obviously. Our lack of joint trainings is evident. And for a group that prides itself on its air-mobile focus, that is really an embarrassing fact. I do hope we can do more of these in the near future.

Next time, I hope we can do more squad level HLSs and maybe put our procedures to the test in live fire situations. It's good to know how everything works, but you only know that it works once we can perform under pressure.

Mission

@SoKkada isn't exactly our most confident mission maker. But this highly difficult large-scale mission proves that he is more than capable of making missions worthy of Saturday events.

The squad took an inacceptable number of casualties and failed to complete more than two out of four objectives. From my perspective, I saw a lot of tactical errors on a team level that kept costing people their lives. Initiative wasn't used to get people out of harms way in shitty situations. Corners and points of domination weren't cleared in CQB. Long periods of down time were interrupted by many instances of reckless rushing. The bodies kept piling up.

Not exactly sure what the reason for that was. Time of day? Lack of sleep? Number of inexperienced players? Lack of proficiency in forrests and urban areas? My shitty orders? Please let me know.

A fun session nonetheless which I believe was valuable to many of us in more ways than one.

7/10

SoKkada, PARKER and Pilgrim like this

Morning

Training

Hopefully some of what I said sunk in a little and while the theory is tiresome it must be understood to achieve what were trying to get to. Unfortunately last nights session was delayed slightly even though a majority of us were there in plenty of time, we ended up with a few people having technical issues including myself not having configured a LR radio before.

I felt I covered what I wanted in the session but agree with Filth that more practical was required, and preferably in live fire. Time is our enemy in this hour I think we could have gone on for another 30 minutes easily to get a few more runs on the HLS practice in. I personally had never done this procedure before so I felt I did ok :)

Many thanks for everyones patience.

Mission

I really enjoyed the op, its was set up nicely from spawn to AO, the plan was clear and I found it to have a Siege of Kavala feel about it, difficult and required a shit ton of CAS...I quite enjoy that but due to the size of the town and harbour (the same in SOK) we were woefully lacking in numbers to properly cover every angle and this costs us. This coupled with a few people requiring guidance as to our basic structure didn't help but that's what these training ops are for right?

I personally made some silly errors and struggled to keep my team under control, I think mainly due to CQB with heavy enemy presence is really difficult stuff to do safely let alone plan and control FT's.

@SoKkada did a cracking job imo, keep at it, I particularly enjoy this level of enemy presence and to do that on a Saturday op when we have a full compliment of infantry and AAC is quite an ask, but if you get it right! oh boy oh boy! you'll live on in my memories FOREVER! :)

GG All

Pilgrim, Filth and SoKkada like this

2 hours ago, Filth said:

Our lack of joint trainings is evident.

I agree with this but sadly I cannot arrange things to attend Thursdays.

I would like to re-iterate a point here about AAC training. We train every week on procedures but given the level of veterancy in the AAC it really wouldn't hurt us much to miss our scheduled sessions in order to hold joint sessions. If anyone is available on a Friday, even it is just a single fire team, we would be happy to change our training to a joint session.

I know a lot of guys can't make it frequently or at all but it is always an option and our doors are always open.

Filth likes this

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know a lot of guys can't make it frequently or at all but it is always an option and our doors are always open.

I appreciate the offer. This is what I keep telling the infantry, too - show up on fridays, learn something new.

But I think investing two nights of their weekend into Arma is really too much for most people, myself included. For proper joint trainings with reliable attendance we need a different approach. We're open to suggestions.

Jason likes this

Yeah I understand that, I fall into that category myself.

Only reliable option would be to go back to the old joint training Saturday Ops but I'm not sure people would appreciate that.