Filth

Training OPORD 22/03/18

Training Day 22/03/18   10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training Subjects

Mechanised Focus - Standard Manoeuvers

Embarking/Disembarking

Reaction to Contact (unprepared)

Infantry Screens Defensive & Offensive

various live fire exercises

Preparatory Reading (optional)

Mission

Replaying Chroma's Op from last week

Edited by Filth
Pilgrim and PARKER like this

Updated.

9 hours ago, Lt.Chris said:

@Filth allow me to help providing a mission which will compliment a CQB training nicely

Mission - Desert Assault on shapur 

@Lt.Chris I've decided to go with mech training. Save your mission for later, I'm sure we'll be able to make good use of it in April. Cheers!

1 minute ago, hoofed said:

I’ll be available if needed.

The more the merrier. Don't think we'll need pilots though.

hoofed likes this

Probably won’t matter now as I have to go into hospital tomorrow afternoon and will probably be nearly blind for 5-6 hours. If I have any vision I’ll show up as the platoon medic for the mission.

7 hours ago, hoofed said:

Probably won’t matter now as I have to go into hospital tomorrow afternoon and will probably be nearly blind for 5-6 hours. If I have any vision I’ll show up as the platoon medic for the mission.

Sounds quite serious. Hope all goes well!

hoofed likes this

12 hours ago, hoofed said:

You've already proved you can play nearly blind with the landings you did on Saturday.;)

hoofed likes this

Bump.

@Wazowski if you need any help setting up your game/mods before the training and testing everything, I will be available half an hour before we begin.

28 minutes ago, PARKER said:

Have a gooden guys apologies i cant attend

Boooooh!

PARKER likes this

lots of fun

i dit not so well lots on my mind with moving.

bravo dit well , needit sametime's i needit  to get oksman  back  thet hy dit not hear us move ing ent making sure the new member dit well .

7/ 10

Filth likes this

Training was really helpful, actually putting vehicle maneuvers into practice and letting some of the newer guys crew them. Really enjoyed that in fact.

The mission went almost the same as last week lol. If we ever decide to do it again could be worth skipping the first town starting out from the fire station or something. Still enjoyed that again too and got a lot of positive feedback both times we played it now, so hopefully ill be able keep that up in future missions.

Filth, PARKER and Pilgrim like this

This training and the corresponding mission to me illustrated several problems:

1. Inexperience. My new goal is to give as many of you as much leadership time as possible. NCOs will not always be present, and I want to be able to go on LOAs in good conscience.

2. Reading terrain. This was especially apparent during our reaction to contact practice. This is something we can't teach, so it will always be a big issue in any mechanised operations we do. Relates to point 1.

3. CQB. Once we got into close quarters, our progress slowed to a crawl. Took inacceptable casualties (acceptable would be 20% btw). A sequence of CQB trainings is in order.

Despite these problems, I thoroughly enjoyed both the training session and the mission. It's a great joy for me to see so many of you step up to extremely difficult jobs voluntarily. That alone deserves commendation @Pilgrim @unionjak @Joe Malley.

I loved the spirit of dedication from everyone taking part. That's what counts. Some of what we did worked, some of it didn't. But that can't be helped.

Mission was top notch. I don't need to go on.

12 hours ago, Chroma said:

The mission went almost the same as last week lol. If we ever decide to do it again could be worth skipping the first town starting out from the fire station or something. Still enjoyed that again too and got a lot of positive feedback both times we played it now, so hopefully ill be able keep that up in future missions.

Please make more @Chroma.

8/10

More Feedback!!!

Would you like to play as mechanised formations more often? Or was this enough for the time being?

PARKER, Chroma and Pilgrim like this

Recent training and leadership roles in training and missions have been thoroughly valuable. I would have even stepped up for the mission this week had I needed to. Baptisms of fire can be very useful.

Well done specifically to my team one during training. Two new guys, but did very well.

Biggest screw up was my extended distance during scouting, although I think I was taking a lead from what my Alpha actual does during missions, when he pootles off over a hill to see if it’s a monster before calling us to his heel. :) Lesson learned.

Nonetheless, very helpful exercise. I think you’re right and the CQB cycle has to be gone through again for all the newbies. 

Mission was great again. Nothing to say. Didn’t die thanks to some great medical intervention.

gg

Filth likes this

Great training night, and scary mission...although i think we did pretty well this time.....

Leadership for me is always hard, but as i am brilliant (and my team sucks) i enjoyed it (thats a joke ok, so dont get offended...snowflakes) :)

really didnt have to do much as they knew what to do...annoyingly more so than me.....will do more of that if it comes my way, and actually like the fact that @Pilgrim is right up for it....Fnaar Fnaar 

Anywho, nice one @Filth for the training...good mission @Chroma and well led @Lt.Chris throughout the mission...more chris please.

Hope your ok @hoofed and always good to see you ingame :)

uj(steve)

Pilgrim, PARKER and Chroma like this

This mission was the first time I have been in a leadership role, and my lack of experience definitely showed during the mission. However, despite this, myself, @madmatt and @Evilcommand had loads of fun driving the armoured vehicles around and trying to support the infantry. The mission itself was fairly hard and we did, in the end, lose both of the vehicles in the mission. Luckily the last one blew up just before we finished so we weren't without armoured support for very long. I think the highlight of the mission for my team was during the hectic firefights that occurred towards the end of the mission once we had entered the town.

The training was also very enjoyable and gave some well-needed training for the mechanized combat.

Overall, even though the mission was a replay my team still had tons of fun, and I hope to get another chance to lead sometime again.

PARKER, Pilgrim and Filth like this