Filth

Training OPORD 26/04/18

Training Day 26/04/18 19:00 BST   8 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training

Refresher: Contact Reports

Quickie: ACE Grenade throwing system

CQB Focus

Breaching compounds

Perparatory Reading (Optional)

Mission

TBA by @SoKkada

Edited by Filth
Reading added.
Pilgrim, PARKER and hoofed like this

Good fun! Not much to say really, hard conditions and sharshooting AI. Teamspeak went down a bit but people kept their spirits up. Basically a nice time was had!

Also, nice grenade training!

20180426202611_1.jpg

Pilgrim, Chroma, Filth and 1 other like this

@SoKkada You did a fairly good job. I know you are new to SL But from my side it was good. i have no experience from SL so I cant say more. 

@PARKER You is becoming a really good TL. You can handel information from your team simultaneous with information from SL. I feel you making the right calls almost every time but I will follow you everywhere and do whatever you say. :) 

@Joe Malley You doing good. do not have any for you this mission. Other than you are doing good. 

@Wartomsniper You doing batter and batter. I'm proud of you. :) You just need to pay attention to orders and change of orders. Try to set your radio up so you have that in one ear and in a volume you can hear and listen to the radio. then you will somewhat know whats happening to you team. What orders TL gets and so on. But other than that. really good job. 

Really good you from all 

PARKER and Filth like this

Training

The most noteworthy point is the difficulties I'm having with creating live fire excercises. Zeus is a piece of shit that creates more problems that it solves usually, so in the future I will have to look into scripted solutions.

My sincere apologies to all players who were harmed.

Mission

Was a boat load of fun. @SoKkada is making progress with Squad Leadership, doesn't require much help really. Comms are very much improved and he has an idea of what he wants to happen. We'll put more practice into standard manoeuvers and formations among the NCOs to facilitate the process.

@Wazowski tried TL for the first time and made quite the impression. Pretty rough around the edges, and sometimes much too nervous and exciteable. But apart from that, he shined with good comms, initiative and tactical understanding. A lot of potential here and I'd like to see more.

In a squad medic slot, I was free to move between the teams as I saw fit. This was an unusal perspective for me, being able to freely observe and participate. My favourite team to hang out with though was Wazowksi's Charlie team. They got into a lot of trouble, both organisationally and tactically, but had a good time nonetheless.

8/10 overall, time well spent with a very enjoyable mission.

ThecMaster, Pilgrim and SoKkada like this

Training

Very useful all round. Breaching went particularly well. My team reacted to command and we nailed it pretty good. Just please keep your sectors when In position so we don’t get any nasty surprises.

Mission

Really fun concept. Although one little thing I felt was weird, was the type of enemy In the type of environment? It’s quite a “western” map. And the enemy didn’t really fit I didn’t think. Maybe a more PMC looking enemy would have suited more?

I was struggling a bit with a head cold but luckily had an experienced team. My LR radio binding is screwing up, and keeps “sticking” leaving me open miced at really inopportune times. I shall sort this. It badly affected the first 20 minutes. My bad.

Squad Leadership was improved from a TL POV.

Only real problem was when I lost two of my guys crossing an area I pointed out was being pinned down by a couple unsighted contacts. Meh. I could have thought my way round it. I was a bit confused at the order to form squad line in an urban environment. It made me very nervous. After that though the teams carried out orders with more independence and seemed to achieve what the squad leader wanted.

I hope I communicated more with other TL’s directly this week.

gg

Filth and Chippy like this

At the moment and for the foreseeable future I am the only member of AAC who is able attend Thursday ops on a regular basis. I will do my best to attend every Thursday mission that I can but I cannot guarantee I will always be around. So my advice to mission makers is that you should try to avoid making missions that depend upon heli transport or CAS unless you have contacted me a few days before to see if I’ll be able to attend.

Also, I’ll have to make a guide on what you can reasonable expect from a single pilot and which vehicles to provide (with class names). I’ll try to get this done in good time before next Thursday.

I guess this concerns @Chroma, @Luke, @SoKkada, @Filth and @PARKER the most. If I’ve missed anyone who regularly makes Thursday missions please point them towards this post.

5 hours ago, Filth said:

In a squad medic slot, I was free to move between the teams as I saw fit. This was an unusal perspective for me, being able to freely observe and participate. My favourite team to hang out with though was Wazowksi's Charlie team. They got into a lot of trouble, both organisationally and tactically, but had a good time nonetheless.

I’ve really enjoyed playing as the medic so far. Once you learn to hang back more than you’re used to (and massively reduce the chance of getting shot) you get a higher level view of what’s going on with the squad in a way that you don’t really get from looking at the tablet.

Once AAC is properly up to strength we should be able to help take some of the pressure off the SL on Saturday missions by regularly providing an FAC. This will mean that on Thursdays you’ll be practicing the SL role at a higher level than required for the weekend op.

As always, thanks for letting me join the mission. And thank you SoKkada for making the mission.

16 minutes ago, hoofed said:

At the moment and for the foreseeable future I am the only member of AAC who is able attend Thursday ops on a regular basis. I will do my best to attend every Thursday mission that I can but I cannot guarantee I will always be around. So my advice to mission makers is that you should try to avoid making missions that depend upon heli transport or CAS unless you have contacted me a few days before to see if I’ll be able to attend.

Also, I’ll have to make a guide on what you can reasonable expect from a single pilot and which vehicles to provide (with class names). I’ll try to get this done in good time before next Thursday.

I guess this concerns @Chroma, @Luke, @SoKkada, @Filth and @PARKER the most. If I’ve missed anyone who regularly makes Thursday missions please point them towards this post.

I’ve really enjoyed playing as the medic so far. Once you learn to hang back more than you’re used to (and massively reduce the chance of getting shot) you get a higher level view of what’s going on with the squad in a way that you don’t really get from looking at the tablet.

Once AAC is properly up to strength we should be able to help take some of the pressure off the SL on Saturday missions by regularly providing an FAC. This will mean that on Thursdays you’ll be practicing the SL role at a higher level than required for the weekend op.

As always, thanks for letting me join the mission. And thank you SoKkada for making the mission.

Ive not really talked about it too much but to all the editors, in the new frame work in the scripts folder, there is a script you can put in to your mission and it will give the squad leaders the option to call in resupply with an actual chopper of your choosing so when aac's not a round we can still have some sort of back up with out having to ruin immersion. Github here

PARKER and Chroma like this

It is indeed a Neko script I believe or something very similar ported into the framework by Luke for this very purpose

Luke likes this

Funny thing is the AI are able to airdrop a resupply more accurately on the move than we can using ACE. Pity we don't have a Time On Target mod so we can trigger ACE at the right moment.

@hoofed

Ive not really talked about it too much but to all the editors, in the new frame work in the scripts folder, there is a script you can put in to your mission and it will give the squad leaders the option to call in resupply with an actual chopper of your choosing so when aac's not a round we can still have some sort of back up with out having to ruin immersion. Github here

i now this i was the only i thet uset it in my mission's . bud most SL & TL  dont now houw to use it .

Luke likes this

18 hours ago, hoofed said:

It's probably one of Neko's scripts. We've used it quite a lot on his Sunday missions. Works well.

Yeah its a neko script adapted to work with ACE :).

3 hours ago, SoKkada said:

@hoofed

i now this i was the only i thet uset it in my mission's . bud most SL & TL  dont now houw to use it .

If they can use ACE, they can find it ;)

hey yea i download the new from grithud ent still no Neko suplly in thare .