PARKER

Training OPORD 03/05/18

Training 03/05/18   12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes
    • No, LOA posted
    • Maybe, NCO notified

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training

Subject: Travelling Overwatch / Bounding Overwatch / Peeling

LIVE FIRE EXERCISE

Preparatory Reading (Optional)

Mission

TBA by @Lt.Chris

Edited by Filth
Current manual version inserted.
Pilgrim and Filth like this

Whats this? Says i dont have permission to view the content below Perparatory Reading (Optional)

That just me?

I might join both training and mission today. 

About role I can take whatever is awaleble thous days I can join. You can put me wherever you need me. I will enjoy. 

unionjak, Pilgrim and PARKER like this

10 hours ago, ThecMaster said:

I might join both training and mission today. 

About role I can take whatever is awaleble thous days I can join. You can put me wherever you need me. I will enjoy. 

Oooooh. It's not today.... It's still Wednesday. FFS!!!! If I'm home tomorrow I will join but I don't know if I am home tomorrow. :)

PARKER likes this

I liked training my mind may not have learned much adleast i learned that everything is depending on terain toke some screenshots of the formations on the boards 

I also liked teh mission @unionjak you did awesome you got some training to do but i really enjoyed serving under you deff better than last time looking forward to the next <3

PARKER and Filth like this

Training:

I feel like I dropped the ball a bit on preparing Parker for this training. Also, all the written SOP I had planned are coming along more slowly than I hoped. @PARKER suffered the consequences.

But I'll repeat myself here: I liked the training a lot. Apart from some minor errors all of the procedures were explained correctly and sensibly. I also enjoyed the discussion that ensued after the bounding excercise, where @unionjak pointed out some of the shortcomings of the procedure with regards to an overstrength squad and shitty ground. That's just what SOP are about. Coming up with a standard way of doing things, and then applying it, flexibly (!), to a given situation. All teams did a good job during the excercises though.

I promise to coordinate with Parker more closely in future trainings, making sure beforehand that we're all on the same page. Less grief.

Mission:

Was enjoyable from my perspective as SqL.

It was once again very basic, no fancy bits. I think though that ground was well selected, offering interesting challenges. Challenge was added with good enemy placements. Heavy weapons in overwatching positions, flanking teams etc. Good.

Working with all the team leaders @unionjak @Wazowski @Pilgrim was very enjoyable. Teams reacted very well and completed their objectives in good time frames. also I believe that our formation work was very cool. My highlight was pushing across open ground from the firing range. I felt like here, teams were most focused and responsive. We managed to get good momentum going, which we maintained until we reached a safer position.

Points to improve: Comms. I know that you guys are all very busy leading your teams and that's a good thing. But you can't expect your squad leaders to call three, four times until you respond. Orders are important, more important than team business at that time. So don't hesitate asking your team members to quiet down until you have received an important message.

No other complaints on a squad level.

Much fun. Thanks all, very GG.

8/10

PARKER and Pilgrim like this

Afternoon,

Training

From a training perspective I was disappointed that I'd managed to misinterpret the current SOP for the travelling formation, I put a fair bit of time into getting the material prepped so would have liked to have nailed it first time. However I'm partly learning these on the job as it were so it's to be expected and while @Filth as usual blames himself (donut) this is all part of the parcel, we learn as we go and these sessions while based on set SOP's should be challenged constructively. I would like to ask everyone to take what I personally bring to the training table with a pinch of salt, I find it very challenging to structure and deliver the sessions in a way that'll be useful but not boring, I also like to know what I'm talking about before I try to teach others and this is causing my learning curve to rise sharply at present so bare with me I'm not the brightest spark as it is :P

Overall I think the session and format worked well, I liked that Filth and @R4IDER were willing to provide "per team" support especially as we had 3 teams (great turn out) it allowed us to micro manage each team at the same time which I think will be very useful in future session. I think it worked better than the rotation format that I did last time, any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what everyone thought of having diagrams in game, the pre training work was increased, hopefully the team icons thread will help with this but I think it helped a little with concentration more than anything, interested to know what everyone thinks?

Mission

I enjoyed the op (apart from the shore line troops that is :) )

As Filth again quite rightly mentions the terrain was interesting and fun to move through, contacts were well placed in fortified positions or patrols moving in and out of our site some quite difficult to catch, not as easy as I was expecting so pleasantly suprised. Thanks @Lt.Chris for the op enjoyed it.

@Filth is a top gun squad leader and showed us how its meant to be done!

I enjoyed working with @Wazowski for the first time with him as team leader, and so much interest in Team Leading overall is great to hear! Waz was tactically on the ball, using terrain well and making sensible approaches on targets, he tends to lead from the front which isn't a bad thing just a bit dangerous, his comms were good, a tad slow at times of activity but local comms to his FT was good at all times. informative and as short as possible is what we need.

I think Charlie suffered a little due to @Lt.Chris "managing" the op while playing and having a new recruit with us but we managed, Ironhide made some good contact reports and took out a couple of snidely placed units near the first compound. Your comms are quite difficult to hear so I would recommend trying to improve that as if we can't hear you we can't help, this should be covered in your recruitment interview, also please stick with the team at all times.

Thanks all GG..

Filth and Pilgrim like this