Filth

Training OPORD 10/05/18

Training Day 10/05/18 19:00 BST   8 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training Subjects

Repetition of recent topics including Formations, Manoeuvers and CQB.

CQB Focus

-High/Low and behaviour on corners

-Cross and breach

Preparatory Reading (optional)

Mission

by @Chroma with lots of AT and a Tank crew.

Edited by Filth
Reading added, mission info added.

Despite the delay at the start of the trainnig it went pretty okay. More useful for the new guys that hadnt done this stuff before but thats absolutley fine with me. Always willing to try and get people up to speed that havent been around long.

As for the mission apart from the heli fuck up on my part and not providing the right kind of helicopters. It went pretty well i understand @SoKkada and the rest of Alpha managed to go through the whole thing without any T4s which I was quite frankly very surprised at considering the amount of times we got ambushed, rushed by some APC or armed car.

Bravo on the other hand suffered quite a lot @Pilgrim had several aneurysms from what i could make out. Maybe it was a team balance thing or just getting unlucky a lot of the time. I know I joined them breaching towards the end and a lot of us instantly got killed so it was probably the latter.

Both Pig call signs did well in the end once AAC managed to get into the action and i think it was balanced quite well. Apparently an IFV can take out a tank destroyer at close range but I felt that made Pig 1 feel less safe which made them a bit more cautious when moving around the main objective.

@Filth Thanks for doing a great job always as SL and i hope it didnt get too chaotic for you.

Pilgrim and Filth like this

I was the commander of PIG1 in this mission along with @UnknownEngineer as my driver and @Wazowski as the gunner, both of them did extremely well,                    UnkownEngineer has a very good knowledge of the tanks we were driving and fighting, this came in handy when he would tell me what kinds rounds we could take and what we should shoot at different types of vehicles. Wazowski was an excellent gunner, a little bit on an itchy trigger finger, we almost shot Pig2 on a few occasions. But other than that the mission was insanely fun and driving both the tank and tank destroyer was a real challenge and although I have had some practise with the IFVs these vehicles were a new challenge. I hope we can do more armoured missions in the future. 

Lastly sorry if in this feedback I have left anything out or formatted something wrong, I don’t have internet right now so I am typing this on mobile.

Filth, hoofed and UnknownEngineer like this

Good mission in alpha however we had issues again with one of our fireteam members @Evilcommand roughly halfway though, where he would break formation and go on his own and wonder off or ignore orders completely which caused temporary slowdowns over and over to the frustration of myself,  @unionjak and @SoKkada. Evil we run the fireteams based on a level of trust and that trust lies in knowing each member in a fireteam will do their role and be in their position to allow the rest of the fireteam to do their roles, if you keep doing what you did that day it will cause issues on the fireteam level and negatively effect our ability to try and keep each other alive. I believe you are capable of keeping yourself behaved and calm so do whatever you need to do it make yourself and keep yourself this way. 

Despite our fireteam internal issues we did the mission without a single T4 so nice back pats for us for that and we got in abit of CQB too. Bravo almost got us a T4 on the last objective when we bounded to our target building but the men on the left where not covering down their sector where there were enemies and because of this we had to run and shoot at the same time to keep their heads down in order to survive. Ill allow bravo to comment on this though :)  

hoofed likes this

Training

Rotation of tasks was a little rushed, not allowing us to really get into each one, but the tasks themselves were good.

Mission

Not a lot to add from the debrief from me. Genuinely horrible mission time.

Two quits half way through, @Devastator and @Wartomsniper and some very selfish and self absorbed behaviour, which led to numerous T4s.

For the majority of the game, we were only three strong.

I’m not sure why I couldn’t have had one of Alpha’s experienced members of an over strength team, but there you go. 

Whether there is a language barrier I don’t know, but three of my team members barely listened to instruction, argued the toss over decisions, and executed manoeuvres poorly. Formations were all over the place. We need to go through that in training for the new guys. They think a wedge is standing just behind each other about three feet away.

Sectors were often not kept. I’m not at ALL surprised Alpha took a hit when bounding. No matter how much I told people to stay on sector, they just seem to look around aimlessly and get easily distracted. It’s easy to NOT move. If you find it hard, just take your hand off the mouse. I genuinely don’t understand this.

Thank you @Skeliton for keeping your shit mostly together. 

Mission itself was well put together, if a little mean at times. Would like to play it again with a lot more focus on display.

One more thing. Not everyone reads the feedback, so they never get to hear where they could improve. This is obvious from the lack of improvement by members. Maybe we can think about this.

hoofed likes this

Posted (edited)

Training was good but delayed due to teamspeak addons etc. Other than that it went well and we could train with utmost cohesion and gave each other hints and tips which again i like. 

The mission itself was superb and i want to give it another go please as i think it deserves at least that and maybe with a few tweaks we could give it plenty of game time.

I can only echo @Pilgrim thoughts on the selfish twats who think, for whatever reason that they can completely ignore legit instructions and/or give leaders AND other members abuse or just plane do their own thing during missions. This is not the first time or indeed the second but happens on numerous occasions during training and missions. 

Unless we get this nonsense under control, i for one will be spending a lot less time on training and even less on the missions if my time is going to be wasted by what i can only describe as spoilt brats running wild on our server........

unionjak

Edited by unionjak
bad spelling
Pilgrim, Lt.Chris and hoofed like this

On 5/11/2018 at 6:00 PM, Chroma said:

As for the mission apart from the heli fuck up on my part and not providing the right kind of helicopters.

That’s on me. I said I would write a guide for the editors on short notice and I didn’t get it done. Once I do post it… *then* it will be your fault. ;-)

I’ve got a sticky note on my monitor to annoy/remind me.

15 hours ago, Lt.Chris said:

Good mission in alpha however we had issues again with one of our fireteam members @Evilcommand roughly halfway though, where he would break formation and go on his own and wonder off or ignore orders completely

12 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Two quits half way through, @Devastator and @Wartomsniper and some very selfish and self absorbed behaviour, which led to numerous T4s.

7 hours ago, unionjak said:

I can only echo @Pilgrim thoughts on the selfish twats who think, for whatever reason that they can completely ignore legit instructions and/or give leaders AND other members abuse or just plane do their own thing during missions. This is not the first time or indeed the second but happens on numerous occasions during training and missions. 

I hope you’ve both read this feedback, @Evilcommand and @Wartomsniper because this kind of behaviour is disgraceful. If you can’t demonstrate the ability to listen, follow orders, keep noise to a minimum and carry on to the mission’s end without rage quitting then there’s no chance you’ll be accepted into Air Corps and deploy as a Hunter team.

no_chance.gif

Chroma, SoKkada, Pilgrim and 2 others like this

I’d forgotten all about the behaviour in training. Felt like a kindergarten. One child spinning round, two children crawling, no one listening.

I wasn’t sure whether to tell you off or put you down for a nap with some milk.

First time I’ve ever felt like capping someone in the head. It’s an attitude problem I somehow doubt is fixable from guy's in or around their 20’s.

Yet we have a 16 year old In the clan who does what he’s told and makes life easy.

Go figure.

Lt.Chris, hoofed, unionjak and 2 others like this