R4IDER

Battle for the Falklands - Week 6

Attendance   10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend [12/05/18]?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

loading6.jpg

thefallofstanley.png

OPERATION ORDER

MAP: Malden

DATE: 12/05/18 18:00 UTC

Operation Name: The Fall Of Stanley

Terrain: Woodland, Ridges, Open Ground, Towns

Weather: Overcast, Storm, Rain (Moderate), Windy (NW)

Forecast: Overcast, Storm, Rain (Moderate), Windy (NW)

Starting Time: 0400 hours

Starting Position: Wideawake Airfield

===============================================================================

History:

On the night of 11 June, after several days of painstaking reconnaissance and logistic build-up, British forces launched a brigade-sized night attack against the heavily defended ring of high ground surrounding Stanley. Units of 3 Commando Brigade, supported by naval gunfire from several Royal Navy ships, simultaneously attacked in the Battle of Mount Harriet, Battle of Two Sisters, and Battle of Mount Longdon. Mount Harriet was taken at a cost of 2 British and 18 Argentine soldiers. At Two Sisters, the British faced both enemy resistance and friendly fire, but managed to capture their objectives. The toughest battle was at Mount Longdon. British forces were bogged down by assault rifle, mortar, machine gun, artillery fire, sniper fire, and ambushes. Despite this, the British continued their advance.

Briefing:

Having secured Sapper Hill, Douglas wouldn't fall so easily and the Argentine forces have managed to hold their ground. The Argentine forces have set up a strong hold on the southern side of Douglas. This mission continues from where it ended last week and we will need to continue completing the objectives. The main objective in Operation Mikado is to secure the airfield.

Infantry Task Force:

Task 1: Insert Bluff Cove LZ

Task 2: Secure Bluff Cove (Purple) Sector

Task 3: Secure Cortley Ridge

Task 4: Secure Stanley (Radio Station, Government House)

RAF:

Task 1: S&D Air Defences - continuous!

Task 2: Insert Squad Insert Bluff Cove LZ

Ribbon:

Battle for the Falklands

ribbon.png

Requirements: 75% Attendance

Equipment:

4x Harrier GR.9J
4x AV-8J Harrier ll
4x CH-47J Troop Transport
4x Lynx

Signed Staff Sergeant R4IDER

crashed with

20:33:32 Error in expression <pdateUserMarkerList;

if ((_markerData select 5) != cTab_player) then {
["BFT",>
20:33:32   Error position: <select 5) != cTab_player) then {
["BFT",>
20:33:32   Error Zero divisor

20:33:32 File cTab\functions\fn_addUserMarker.sqf [cTab_fnc_addUserMarker], line 71
20:37:47 Client: Object 12:6 (type Type_93) not found.
20:41:16 Warning: Convex component representing Track_L not found
20:41:16 Warning: Convex component representing Track_R not found
20:41:16 Warning: Convex component representing Slide not found
20:41:16 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitTurret' in 'CUP_O_2S6_RU'
20:41:16 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitGun' in 'CUP_O_2S6_RU'
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 085B8688

ctab has always thrown that error when someone places a map marker and is not the cause of CTD

For me it felt like the mission had a slow start but once we made it to the dock and so on i enjoyed it a lot more,  not seen much of Malden but this campaign has definitely helped me with that!:lol: Thanks for the campaign nice work :Thumbsup:

ThecMaster likes this

Mission was nice indeed with lots of contacts. Crashes on the other hand was fun killer. I dropped 3 times at least with access violation error.

Btw, I don't remember who the pilot was but once I was dropped km away from the squad and need to run for like 10 minutes. Is it not allowed to put a marker on the map when pilot lands? So pilot lands and checks the ctab to see the fireteams location and puts a marker on the map. People who has no ctab can then find the rest of squad easier.  

45 minutes ago, Devastator said:

So pilot lands and checks the ctab to see the fireteams location and puts a marker on the map. People who has no ctab can then find the rest of squad easier.

If you're in doubt, simply ask the pilot. He'll be happy to point you in the right direction. Obviously he has to concentrate on flying and landing, often while under fire so it sometimes slips our minds to call it out. If it was the drop that I was with you, I gave you a heading as I ran off to check a supply crate.

My own feedback then:

The mission brought an end to a classic campaign, I just wish I'd seen more of it but my various LOAs meant that wasn't the case this time out. It has been a grand campaign throughout with some truly epic air combat rarely seen in GOL operations. Massive congrats to @R4IDER for putting it together.

This particular mission was more conventional than some of the earlier ones but it made sense of the overall campaign story. We can't still be engaging the Argentinian Air Force after they've suffered so many losses. The highly mobile ground assault coupled with the contacts being more sporadic meant that CAS was limited but Banshee was still kept busy with air defences so it wasn't a spoiled evening. Only real thing to mention would be the radios which seemed to have truly appalling range last night. A long range radio that can only broadcast 2.5km is pretty useless. Not sure if it was the terrain or a problem with TFAR but it meant that most AAC comms was done by cTab text message which kind of spoiled the immersion a bit. Just like the medic running around with a sniper rifle (you know who you are :P)

Personal highlight was managing to headshot a contact with a GBU-12 outside of the radio station :D

Oh and getting some very rare FAC rifle kills

Personal regret, not managing to get a BLU-118 into some CAS runs. Dammit!

Decent mission, Great campaign. On to the next one!

hoofed, Pilgrim and R4IDER like this

Editing:

Nothing more that deserves mentioning really. Again, a lot going on. This mission stuck to the high standard its predecessors had set.

Execution:

Momentum was the name of the game. As @Luke points out, the pace was fairly slow at the start but increased steadily.

Alpha was a fantastic team. A lot of experience and dedication from @UnknownEngineer, @ThecMaster, @Skeliton and @Lt.Chris. That made my job as a TL as easy and enjoyable as it hasn't been in a long time. We had a very low casualty count and, thanks to the long leash @R4IDER held us on, were free to keep up the violence of action throughout. We were understrength almost for the entire thing, sometimes running as only two people. Nonetheless, I think we pulled our weight and made our mark on this mission as a whole. Proud.

I hear other teams did not have quite such a smooth experience and would like to read more about that here @SoKkada.

Squad leadership was top notch as well. Would have liked R4IDER a little closer to the action at times, but I understand he was busy most of the time. With that said, performance and cohesion really were excellent. Numerous times could the teams act in mutual support and perform manoeuvers that complemented each other well.

As we went we picked up more and more momentum. Even though we were 30min late, we managed to finish the mission with a mad dash for our final objective. Really fun stuff. I like to play it safe when I lead, but stuff like this gets the adrenaline flowing. Very good for morale. Nice to see.

9/10

Campaign:

This campaign stands out as one of the most memorable in a long time. It set the bar very high. It was extremely ambitious, but managed to live up to those ambitions almost all of the time.

A novelty in my personal experience was how air power was employed. This was some large scale stuff which luckily could be felt on the ground as well, thus enhancing the infantry experience significantly.

Rarely do we see such interest in realism in our missions. By this I mean the selection of ground, objectives, kits, enemy composition, weather, etc. The list goes on really.

My personal highlights were the night bits with terrible weather. I was completely immersed in that experience, even though it wasn't exactly our most successful mission of the tour. Also worth mentioning are the numerous CQB bits with heavily defended objectives.

9/10

ThecMaster, Pilgrim and R4IDER like this

Damnit. Sounded awesome.

Superb campaign and very sorry I missed the finale.

Thank you very much  @R4IDER

R4IDER likes this

yea the mission was frinking asume lots of fun .

team wijse wy had 1 player go agian rambo on us the rest of the team was is full form. entt was stread on piont .

i tryt to tell him to keep it in form , en tolt him to not shoot . bud the lissening part . is still a ongowing issuw.

7 / 10

ThecMaster, R4IDER, Filth and 1 other like this

Massive big up to @R4IDER for such an epic, never to be forgotten campaign......nice one.

Enjoyed this last one especially and the team were, quite frankly amazing. It was probably the most dynamic team in history....going from 4, to 5 and down to just me, several times and all through the game. And it didnt detract one little bit to how we all performed. @Skeliton @Devastator @Wazowski your skills and discipline are beyond reproach and an absolute pleasure to watch you guys hunt down the enemy...because thats what you did lol.

Our death rate was impressive and that was down to proper use of cover and keeping secters up...all of the time. Comms was busy, but not from my point of view which is nice. Thanks to @Filth for giving me some Gol love every now and then just to keep my spirits up....thanks mate.

Interaction with other leaders was curiously useful....so i may have a chance yet  :)

Air was superb both in killing close in enemy and reinsert(obviously i didnt get to use that....much :)   )

Feeling very proud to be in this clan and grateful for all the effort that goes into by all the usual guys :)

steve(uj)

Devastator and Filth like this

On 13/05/2018 at 4:58 PM, Devastator said:

Mission was nice indeed with lots of contacts. Crashes on the other hand was fun killer. I dropped 3 times at least with access violation error.

Btw, I don't remember who the pilot was but once I was dropped km away from the squad and need to run for like 10 minutes. Is it not allowed to put a marker on the map when pilot lands? So pilot lands and checks the ctab to see the fireteams location and puts a marker on the map. People who has no ctab can then find the rest of squad easier.  

An access violation error ? what like the game failed to access a protected memory address. ? Tried starting as admin?.

Jason likes this