Filth

Training OPORD 07/06/18

Training Day 07/06/18 19:00 BST   6 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

Training Subjects

Basics of motorised operations

Standard Motorised Formations and Manoeuvers

Mission

Begin of @SoKkada's Thursday campaign - TBA

Pilgrim likes this

@hoofed @Blu. @Byleth if you want to or hef time to jion wil by nice i got a bit of acc for you. recon of enamy next mission''s unit's

ent a bit more.

BTW, @Filth if i need to zeus i reader by SQL or grunt then i hef more time for it .

Filth likes this

the mission is on altis USMC agian't PMC Drug lords / AAF slave's  :P

this is a intel mission i hope it wil not by to hard.

Acc wil hef 2x M60 with hellfire agian  + 1 big 1

B.T.W i want a list for USMC or USA hali's  to use  for my campaign.

35 minutes ago, SoKkada said:

B.T.W i want a list for USMC or USA hali's  to use  for my campaign

Depends if you want US Army or USMC since they have their own inventories:

US Army:

• AH-6
  • AH-64
  • MH-6
  • UH-60
  • C-47

USMC:

• UH-1Y
  • MH-60
  • AH-1Z
  • CH-53

Be aware that while the MH-60 and UH-60 are very similar they do have some differences most notably in the weapons available on the DAP variants

Be aware that while the MH-60 and UH-60 are very similar they do have some differences most notably in the weapons available on the DAP variants

DAP ? is thet the fing ware you seleat the weapens for the hali ?

Kind of. It stands for "Direct Action Penetrator". It's a transport chopper with weapons strapped to it. If you see a Blackhawk or Seahawk with weapon pylons, it's a DAP

Valuable training. This is meat and gravy stuff, and every member of GOL needs to know how to do it. 

Im really pleased that more emphasis is being placed on mechanised actions. It brings a whole dimension into our gameplay. And it’s actually really simple once you get the hang of it. But as with most things it’s easy to learn but takes a long time to master.

Not much more to say regarding the mission.  

Taking airports in RL is famously tricky. It’s a huge tract of land to nail down, usually surrounded by a town or series of conurbations. It’s the same in Arma. 

My team was experienced and easy to lead. Fun was had. 

GG

Filth likes this

Training:

Interesting to find these dull drills so readily received by a majority. Just as with CQB, it is apparent that we have a lot to do with regards to motorised and convoy ops - hat's why we'll revisit the basics quite heavily over the coming months.

If you have any further input, questions about specific aspects of motorised, please feel free to engage in discussion.

Over several consecutive weeks, we've seen a massive decline in attendance. We're down to 8-9 from 12-15 just a few weeks ago. Can anybody tell me what the reason for this is?

Mission:

@SoKkada

The mission was oversized. Considering our numbers and time we have to play these missions, there was a snowball's chance in hell we'd finish it. The battle for the air port terminal alone is enough for a full on Saturday Op.

Otherwise, I believe it was quite heavily Zeused. As a result, the enemy reacted well to our presence and kept reinforcing his positions. Constantly, we had to deal with exposed flanks. Enemy formations manoeuvered around us on numerous occasions, delaying our advance to the main objective buildings. I found this a very engaging experience that didn't leave much down time at all.

Supply lines were extremely precarious. Although a naval insert had been ordered, this proved to be an impossible task. Instead, I decided to insert, reinforce and supply the squad via the air. Thanks to @hoofed for doing that. This enabled us to manoeuver much more quickly and get some more fire support going on high value targets. From my perspective, this worked well and went a long way in supporting the ground effort, however I'm also aware that I could have gotten more use out of Angel had I focused on it more.

Teams were good. Got shit done, had fun.

Only 7/10 though for low attendance.

Sokkada and myself, as well as the TLs @Pilgrim and @unionjak need more feedback on the session. Thanks!

Pilgrim likes this

Re: attendance.

I’m guessing it’s the annual summer drop off....

On top of which, It only takes a few RL issues to see It slump.

Given those that HAVE attended, I wouldn’t say it’s down to training style..

We do need to tidy up the roster however. At some point. 

Filth and R4IDER like this