Filth

Training OPORD 14/06/18

Training Day 14/06/18 19:00 BST   10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training Subjects

1. CQB Revision

-Sectors and corners

-Breaching (2man)

-Danger zones

2. Paradrop practice

@hoofed @Blu. @Byleth

Mission

@Wazowski's mission making debut. Feel free to post details below.

Edited by Filth
Pilgrim and PARKER like this

Still looking for pilots to help us practice paradrops. The paradrop exercise can be held either at the beginning or the end of the training session, depending on your preferences.

@hoofed @Blu. @Byleth

Jason likes this

On 11-6-2018 at 7:16 PM, Filth said:

Still looking for pilots to help us practice paradrops. The paradrop exercise can be held either at the beginning or the end of the training session, depending on your preferences.

@hoofed @Blu. @Byleth

I am not best ad flying fixed wings but if we have a big open space i could fly it 

Static line practise

20180614191744_1.jpg20180614191810_1.jpg

Training

Training was useful well structured and just long enough to get the message across. Also accomadated for new recruits and aac present. Great turn out, many thanks.

Operation

Congrats to @Wazowski for his first op, welcome to the stress +100% on the first op so well done for getting it all working, creating an op and zeusing while playing is a real challenge to balance well so don’t beat yourself up. As stated i felt it went fine apart from some zeusing issues. Keep the difficulty up as its how the group improves and in the few weeks ive been away improved it has!

Again welcome to @falseprophet any questions, config issues please dont hesitate to ask myself or any of the guys for assistance. @Skeliton provided great support for prophet, many thanks!

Bummed i wont make the weekend and campaign start with you all, pleasure as always playing with @Filth @Pilgrim @unionjak @SoKkada Looking forward to getting back to it asap.

Man of the match.. @Chroma as Pig Commander, 30mm mother fluppers.....nice!

Filth, Jason, Pilgrim and 1 other like this

trianing i was more bizzy with seting uo my stuf agian thx to @hoofed 

mission was fun still bumpt aboud the losses wy had ent at the end, bud just leke @Filth told my keeping the car low ent moving around same stuff is a good idee. 

6 / 10

Pilgrim likes this

Training

Very satisfied with the squad's performance on both subjects.

Random injuries or deaths sadly aren't entirely avoidable with static line drops, however they are very rare when proper drop zones are hit accurately. Good stuff btw @Raptor @hoofed Many thanks!

Saw great improvements with our CQB standards. Thanks to the TLs @PARKER @Pilgrim and @unionjak all of whom proved their worth in many ways. Our next step is putting our abilities to the test in natural environments, against proper enemies.

8/10

Mission

From what I saw was well thought out and made. Kits, objects in the environment, choice of objectives displayed excellent production value. A high standard for your very first mission, @Wazowski Would like to see more.

As many of the attending members already pointed out, cheeky, obvious Zeusing isn't appreciated. Also, considerations have to be made with regards to balance: In our experience it pays to be consistent with what you ask people to do and what you throw at them.

However, this mission's tactical failure was also caused by some errors in execution. Cohesion, mobility, and a general use of evasive tactics would have been more suitable for the environment/objectives. Comms between the teams left a lot to be desired. But nonetheless, people seemed to make the best of the extremely chaotic situations we got ourselves into. Many thanks to @SoKkada for taking leadership. Here as well there are many improvements on many levels from what I saw. Keep at it!

On another note: @falseprophet seems to have had a good baptism of fire as well. We're very happy to have you in our ranks.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable mission in spite of its flaws. 7/10

PARKER and Pilgrim like this

Agree with @Filth re training. Felt like good progress. And had more time to actually do the individual segments. Good stuff.

Despite my gripes about the mission, the concept and load out was solid enough. Always like convoys. So gg for that @Wazowski

Didnt like the weapons mind you. They have awful iron sights. If you could consider a swap out that would be great.

Also my Fireteam leader m16 stopped working, with no option to clear a jam. Not sure what that was about but had to swap out with a standard m16 early on.

And the zeussing? Well my feelings about that are clear. It was an exercise in self indulgence.

And the fuel lorries seemed very contrived.

It’s great that mission makers step up, but that has to be tempered with very close attention to balance.

PARKER and Filth like this

16 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Also my Fireteam leader m16 stopped working, with no option to clear a jam. Not sure what that was about but had to swap out with a standard m16 early on.

So it wasnt just me, same thing happened.

Pilgrim likes this