falseprophet

Server

26 posts in this topic

Just for your information: i got a little 32 player public arma3 server running 24/7. it has ace, acex, tfr installed aswell as some custom missions

IP: 31.214.159.54:2302

Admin password on request (not sure if this part of the forum is public).

PARKER likes this

Thanks @falseprophet

out of interest do you have a game running 24/7 or just allow friends to use it for your ops?

If 24/7 what sort of player count do you keep?

The reason i ask is i’ve suggested GOL have something like this to promote the clan so i’d be intreged to see what you do?

The server is set to persistent = 1, so a game could run permenant. i've had liberation running for a while and a couple of my missions. My friends got their own server, so mine is empty most of the time. if you have a good idea, i'm up for that. I can also rename it or edit the motd to draw some attention. i'm open for any idea

sound like fun, bud i wonder wen the mission is done wil it just stay on withj no mission or will it selket a new mission ?

i am have not set a mission cycle thus far. it will just run liberation trough if selected, otherwise just random stuff. i can post / change the config if you want

I could create some GOL style missions for it without the need for any of the addons, will just need to grab a GOL addon free template to do it 

The main release version of the template should work without addons other than CBA I believe

i can provide access to the ftp / admin interface. the host is nitrado with server location germany.

5 hours ago, Lt.Chris said:

I could create some GOL style missions for it without the need for any of the addons, will just need to grab a GOL addon free template to do it 

Sounds good, i can prep some GOL jpgs of say “Guerrillas of Liberation - gol-clan.co.uk” and have some billboards around the ops to promote the clan publicly...

but a big long running gol version of “liberation” would be best suited for this!? 

@Jason @Lt.Chris @falseprophet @SoKkada

you guys just need to register yourself at nitrado.net and tell me your username, so i can add you to the admin interface, where you get all the necessary options.

PARKER likes this

Will sort it out tonight...as long as your cool with all this ofcourse FalseP its your server after all...GOL will be forever grateful!

i'm happy to try everything out and sharing the server with you guys :)

5 hours ago, Jason said:

The main release version of the template should work without addons other than CBA I believe

Does pubs on mass use CBA? if not then we will have to make it free from CBA aswell 

1 hour ago, PARKER said:

Sounds good, i can prep some GOL jpgs of say “Guerrillas of Liberation - gol-clan.co.uk” and have some billboards around the ops to promote the clan publicly...

but a big long running gol version of “liberation” would be best suited for this!? 

@Jason @Lt.Chris @falseprophet @SoKkada

Im not overall familiar with liberation, is it easily modifiable? 

The vast majority of the framework is based on CBA macros, functions and handlers. No CBA, no framework essentially.

CBA is considered the base standard of modded ARMA content however so most if not all players with any mods will have it.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

The vast majority of the framework is based on CBA macros, functions and handlers. No CBA, no framework essentially.

CBA is considered the base standard of modded ARMA content however so most if not all players with any mods will have it.

Ive had a look at our template with only running the steam workshop versions of CBA,ACE,TFR there is a load of errors we will need to iron out in it like Ctabs and other little annoying things 

can you be more specific? what are the errors? do they appear on load up or in mission?

I don't have time at present to branch out onto another side project I'm afraid

the errors appear when you load the scenario but they range from missing images to missing items such as the ctab just have to launch it to see all the errors you get   

the images are part of the GW mod. I'm going to assume that it is required after all. As for the rest, they should only be advisories since the framework uses if statements to detect loaded mods and acts accordingly

Re the above...all this should be kept as vanilla as possible...the intention is not for GOL to use the server or impose our framework / gameplay on it but to make it as vanilla as possible so joe public can jump on EASILY have a normal game but see the GOL name on the server list or in the chosen game itself. If GOL members want to jump on that server to admin it or just to mingle and do some live recruiting that would be epic. Liberation and other such games modes are downloadable and easily modified as far as i’m aware.

sounds like a good plan. i'm just not sure about liberation as the main mission. i've had it running for a good while in vanilla and in an ace version. I saw barely any public players joining. So i would rather say a good cycle of custom missions and/or even escape stratis, as both had most public players joining. cba and ace is installed by the majority of players, therefore not a huge difference to vanilla except "user", "administrator" and all other complete new users wont join. the experince is indeed way better if some of us could moderate the game, otherwise you wont get any teamplay whatsoever. I guess we just need to try it. I'm up for the project. First of all those who want to be moderater should get a nitrado.net account, so they can change the settings, upload missions, restart the server or simply ban people.

if you want to give it a try, just connect. the admin password is: hallowelt1234

PARKER likes this

Liberation was an example more than anything, sounds to me like you know more than we donabout what the oublic are playing at the moment.

Happy to help moderate, unfortunately on long loa atm but we can certainly prep some gol branded stuff. 

14 hours ago, PARKER said:

Re the above...all this should be kept as vanilla as possible...the intention is not for GOL to use the server or impose our framework / gameplay on it but to make it as vanilla as possible so joe public can jump on EASILY have a normal game but see the GOL name on the server list or in the chosen game itself. If GOL members want to jump on that server to admin it or just to mingle and do some live recruiting that would be epic. Liberation and other such games modes are downloadable and easily modified as far as i’m aware.

And it is. CBA,ACE and TFR are the bare basics from what I understand and if its not the case can always adjust accordingly. I don't see why we cannot make use of the template in the missions, it would allow pubs a nice inight into missions and may grow from that. In ArmA1 we did this and it drew in alot of pubs which saw ingame how we were playing in the missions and then joined in alongside us and they joined our teamspeak etc. We have done this before and cant see why it cant be repeated.

Ive got missions made and on standby for the adjustments to be made to the template to address a few errors and it will be good to go :) 

server.cfg

//
// More information at: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg
//
// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "-{GOL}- Public [CBA_A3, ACE3, ACEX, TFR]";    // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "";                        // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "hallowelt1234";                    // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
serverCommandPassword = "hallowelt1234";
//reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";logFile = "server_console.log";            // Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
motd[] = {
    "Guerrillas of Liberation",
    "gol-clan.co.uk",
    "ArmA Realism Unit",
    "",
    "don't play rambo. play with your team!",
    "",
    "",
    "",
    "Guerrillas of Liberation",
    "gol-clan.co.uk",
    "ArmA Realism Unit"
};
motdInterval = 10;                        // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 32;                        // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;                    // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID  is playing.
verifySignatures = 1;                    // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on
equalModRequired = 0;                    // Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;                      // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.33;                    // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;                        // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 5;                    // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent = 1;                        // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

regularcheck="";

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions {
    class ARMA3 {
    template = MP_COOP_m01.Stratis;
    difficulty = "Custom";
    };
};

forcedDifficulty = "Custom";

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arma3.ArmA3Profile

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            groupIndicators=2;
            friendlyTags=1;
            enemyTags=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            commands=1;
            waypoints=0;
            weaponInfo=1;
            stanceIndicator=1;
            reducedDamage=0;
            staminaBar=0;
            weaponCrosshair=0;
            visionAid=0;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            cameraShake=1;
            scoreTable=0;
            deathMessages=1;
            vonID=1;
            mapContent=0;
            autoReport=0;
            multipleSaves=0;
        };
        aiLevelPreset=2;
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=1;
        precisionAI=0;
    };
};
singleVoice=0;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
sceneComplexity=400000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=800;
terrainGrid=25;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=10;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

@falseprophet
1 Not sure what the point of your last post is
2 Maybe its not the best to publicly display the admin password, this is in the public section
3 Hostname say we do, but we dont use ACEX

i was looking for ideas for improvment. the password will change anyways as soon as we use the server. acex is installed on the server, but i can disable it.