Followers 0
Filth

Training OPORD 21/06/18

Training Day 21/06/18 19:00 BST   10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend?

• Yes.
    • No. LOA posted.
    • Maybe. NCO notified.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Training Subjects

Motorised Focus

-Repetition of previous topics (moving, stopping, turning)

-Defensive reaction to contact

Mission Info

Operation: Patrol Duty on Takistan

made by @Chroma

Edited by Filth
Pilgrim likes this

Mission:

Patrol Duty

Details:

12PM, Clear weather

Situation:

USMC forces in camp Garmsar are in need of a medical resupply. So to save resources elsewhere, instead of airlifting supplies over, it is to join a motorised squad (1-1) on their midday patrol run between the bases.

The patrol is to move out of HQ Rasman mounted up in vehicles and move through the designated villages. Insurgent forces have ambushed our convoys/patrols before so it is recommended that through the red areas marked extra care is taken.

Civilians will have a large presence during this op and insurgents will most likely be dressed nearly identical so PID targets.

Any local carrying a firearm is shoot on site.

Untitled.png

Objectives:

• Secure all villages along route to Camp Garmsar.
  • Deliver medical resupply truck

Delivering the medical truck is only to be an objective if we have sufficient numbers to do so.

There is opportunity for Air Corps to join in a reinsert/resupply role or to drive the medical resupply truck and get in action on the ground.

Vehicles:

M1097A2 (MHQ)

M1230 (M2)

M1237 (M2)

2x Humvee (M2)

M1085A (Medical Truck)

CH-47F

2x AH-6M

Pilgrim and Filth like this

6 hours ago, Chroma said:

There is opportunity for Air Corps to join in a reinsert/resupply role or to drive the medical resupply truck and get in action on the ground.

@Raptor @hoofed @Blu. @Byleth

Pretty successful mission. Actually made it to the end which is a feat in itself

20180621213536_1.jpg

Luke and Pilgrim like this

Well that was alright eh? Not too bad. 

A really good lesson for new mission makers. Keep it simple. Keep it achievable. Quality is better than quantity.

The limited but realistic numbers we faced, enabled us to do things as we would want to, in a more immersive and methodical manner. We don’t need a thousand car bombers and insurmountable odds to make a mission immersive. 

Certainly from my own perspective, I’m far more into the role play and realism side of Arma than the shoot em up side. 

Yet we still managed to have some great combat situations, and put into practice some of the things we learn in training.

Alpha played it very well. Not a single tier 4 as far as I remember. That alone shows me that the realism factor was high. But it was still dangerous and we had our fair share of luck. We took sectors well, performed mobile duties well, with common sense in abundance.

Completing the mission on time gave me a very glowy, aroused feeling.

G the hell G @Chroma:):)

@Skeliton @Joe Malley @Luke

- Any feedback from the team or 1-actual regarding where I can improve comms wise or generally up to now, please either PM me or flag it up here. Any habits that irritate or don’t work. Let me know.

I know i can be quite shouty, humourless and short with people In game when I’m leading, but I just want you to live, and objectives to be completed.

Filth, Chroma and PARKER like this

Yep, that was quite all right.

Training:

I'm not satisfied with the results of the session. But it was interesting to say the least and gave me personally some impressions that will stay with me as I develop these sessions. Also I have to factor in that most of us don't have the most experience/proficiency with the subject of motorised, so we have a lot more practice to get done.

Some of the procedures are beginning to sink in and we managed to get through it without teams getting wiped or losing vehicles. That's an accomplishment, considering that on one occasion we were forced to face the enemy.

When we return to motorised, we will begin operating properly: Thinking about objectives and manouevering in combat situations.

7/10

Mission:

Loved this one to bits @Chroma. Really did hit the spot.

What's most remarkable though is how nicely it fit the training session. I had anticipated this to be far more challenging, not because of the difficulty level of the scenario, but because of the squad's performance. Luckily, I was proven wrong.

One point that seems to have come across instantly is that motorised formations need to improvise, think quick on their feet and react to any given situations without instructions or pre-planning.

Because of the excellent performance of the teams, only very few casualties were taken. Quick progress was made. Our main objective accomplished. Flawless.

10/10

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

- Any feedback from the team or 1-actual regarding where I can improve comms wise or generally up to now, please either PM me or flag it up here. Any habits that irritate or don’t work. Let me know.

I have no complaints. On two occasions, my instructions were misinterpreted. But I'm more inclined to put that down to my own inability to explain properly. I have trouble getting my point across.

All I can say is that when you have doubts about what I'm asking you to do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Pilgrim, Oksman, Chroma and 1 other like this

@Filth @Pilgrim Very kind words thanks haha.

I was a bit dubious about the civilian thing at first but glad the mission came off well. Sitting back as squad medic and watching you guys figure things out is really satisfying for me. Hopefully from now on my missions will follow suit.

GG guys.

Pilgrim likes this

On 21/06/2018 at 5:33 PM, Chroma said:

@PARKER should make an exception from your LOA tonight ;)

If i could of i would have, however my home somewhat lacking electrical poknts at the moment and theres dust everywhere...the beast (my pc) is safelt tucked away under dust sheets....ETA for return still end of July...

Chroma and Pilgrim like this