unionjak

Mission this saturday (01/09/18) ?

29 posts in this topic

Push comes to shove guys, replay combat patrol on stratis.

The objectives are randomly generated with each play through. There are some small bugs but nothing game breaking (unless the badguys spawn on our base again). I'm in no way able to make a quick one for today, I'm in full on "last weekend of summer running around like a bellend getting uniforms prepped" mode

I mean does anyone want to do deniable presence again ? right now im adding something a little extra to the mission to make it different, big and worth the replay.

Pilgrim and PARKER like this

Is that the one I did?

If memory serves unless you've changed a shit tonne, there won't be enough players to complete it and it wasn't that well received anyway

Yeah it was the one you did I added an working emp to the mission and we have to destroy it along with all other objectives + changed the gear we are now US rangers vs Russian woodland and suppose i can copy that stuff and use in another mission one day.

Jason likes this

Would be good to get a placeholder up with a poll of “who the hell isnt LOA...

...otherwise there’s a party I could go to, and a girlfriend I could be playing with..

@Pilgrimwe've had a couple missions, like the 4 malden missions, the quicky one and even more, but those all were made for the public server, where we had not enough manpower to beat them. i made them for 5-15 players, not just us three people. at least we had a fun time with antistasis later on. overall still it was a rather disappointing evening from my perspective.

how did the wasteland bit turn out?

Yep. Disappointing is one way of putting it.

I think overall, if there is no GOL mission available by a cut off point on the day, say 3pm, we should default to a voluntary GOL public server session.

This would give people time to plan their evening. Saturday has always been a point of contention with me and possibly others (I don’t know) who have partners or a social life. So many events happen on a Saturday night that are missed.

Recently there was a poll about training on a Tuesday or Thursday.

Frankly, personally, I’d be far more interested in a weekday operation AND training. Or even a Sunday. 

Given not many of us have to do a school run, 11pm isn’t exactly the middle of the night to finish a mission for those who work early in Europe, or go to school. Not reeeeeeally.

I’m sure my suggestion would go down like Adele’s bodybag.

33 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

I think overall, if there is no GOL mission available by a cut off point on the day, say 3pm, we should default to a voluntary GOL public server session

Not a bad idea especially during big break periods like summer, christmas etc.

34 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Frankly, personally, I’d be far more interested in a weekday operation AND training. Or even a Sunday

I used to make a lot of friday ops way back when but when I came back to the clan after my break the attendance simply wasn't there so they got dropped. Dunno about interest in other days. With the public server running there's nothing stopping people grabbing a few guys and playing there I guess. We did run our own stasi game for a while, not sure what ever happened to that tbh but it served the same purpose; it provided something for people to do mid-week if they wanted.

Furthermore there are a few other games that have a following within the clan, you could get people together in those. DCS springs to mind immediately as a good example. While I try to organise a proper session once a month in place of AAC training, those other DCS pilots could quite easily get together and hit buddy spike or something

Fridays and Saturdays are both traditionally social events nights on he UK aren’t they.

Exactly why the friday thing fell through I think. still leaves 5 other days though (not counting training day obviously)

Cmon guys, just because we're an arma clan doesn't mean we can't venture outside of arma for some social fun (unless ofc you're like me and your social life revolves around paw patrol)

For me personally, it’s cos I only tend to revolve around either RTS games or very solo orientated things like FSX. Arma is the only FPS I have played since I discovered it. Sad I know. I have limited gameplay time now due to RL stuff. So I have to pick and choose carefully what I put my time in to.

Re: Friday nights. Maybe if Friday had been mandatory from the start it would have worked. It just happens to be Saturday. 

And for me personally, going out with a teacher with kids, makes Friday and Saturday very awkward on occasions and causes a fair bit of friction. But there we go. Life innit. I value the friendships on here. 

It explains why I get so miffed when things go wrong, or especially when people fuck about. They’re wasting my time.

Jason likes this

I did ask for training to go back to Tuesdays but i am not sure what happened regarding the vote(thus my LOA for all Thursdays from now on, until at least sept..and probably waaaay beyond that if i am honest). Tuesdays is better as it satisfies your arma lust after horrible Monday and then mission time as it stands Saturday. 

Have to take into consideration (i suppose) that this is the first time in ages that no mission was planned and was left like that. I did my best to flag it up.......

On the other hand could we not run a vote to see what everyone thinks of various other days for the main mission and or training especially during the summer season.

As for people fucking around.......it pains me more than anything...including mum banter lol

Pilgrim likes this

Sure. I’m just getting loads of grief on Saturdays in my current situation. And last night I fully got the icey looks treatment for not being able to get together for yet another friends gathering. Living in a village innit. These things are apparently important.

It was far easier when my ex wife hated me anyway. :D 

Sadly, this GF seems to like me. :wacko:

Do what i did.....put in an LOA and go out with missus.......

There is  sometimes sunday missions by neko ?

i don't think the day had a big influence on what happend this saturday. i think it was the combination of LOAs and lack of coordination which caused this outcome. Therefore i would suggest to have some sort of backup-plan for those circumstances, like a backup mission prepared for those events and the configuration on the public server prepaired to backup our GOL server if necessary. @Pilgrim is right when saying we could have done other things with friends and family instead of wasting an evening in front of the PC without really playing anything.

Jason likes this

Will put forward for the council to discuss having an established "back up plan" for future problems featuring the public server

Any other ideas for a back up?

Pilgrim likes this

@Jason when Filth or Raider are here, they usually coordinating everything very well. if they both are absent and on LOA, somebody else should take this part. So i would suggest someone takes the role as an "OP coordinator", who just picks the mission for the evening and tests beforehand if the mission / server start without errors. i guess that won't take a long time and / or responsibility for said person and ofc and indepth test of the mission takes too long, therefore just a simple start-test to see, if the slots / mods work.

3 hours ago, unionjak said:

I did my best to flag it up......

Thank you for doing that @unionjak, sorry to see that nothing came of it.

I'd like to apologise to you all. Three Sergeants on LOA, that's @R4IDER @PARKER and myself, we're headless chicken apparently. It's a shame you didn't take @Jason's suggestion. That would have been a very easy, pain free way for you to have a quick mission. It's super easy to set up, enough of you have server access so I'm not sure why you didn't take that opportunity.

This shit can not happen. No missions - no GOL.

@Pilgrim @unionjak @SoKkada as the people next in line, this would have been your time to step up and call the shots. That's why we promoted you. Because we trust you to make decisions in this kind of situation. So I would like to ask you to do just that, next time something like this comes up.

1 hour ago, falseprophet said:

i would suggest someone takes the role as an "OP coordinator"

And that's pretty much my answer to this suggestion. This is what we have NCOs for, be it a Sergeant or a Corporal. That's why we promoted more than we need in the field.

So, summing up. On one hand I'm sad to see that nothing was done in our (my) absence, even though you'd have had all the options and the authority to make decisions. On the other I'm sorry I couldn't be here. Sincere apologies.

Let's make sure this shit doesn't happen again. Will need your help though.

3 hours ago, unionjak said:

I did ask for training to go back to Tuesdays

PS:

The survey was utterly and completely inconclusive, like all the surveys that we do.

PARKER and Jason like this

Actually....i did try to steer the group in one way or another.

There ended up being two schools of thought. 

I think it’s slightly off the mark to suggest there was not an attempt to steer the group.

Id be glad to take this up further in NCO group.

Filth likes this

1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

I think it’s slightly off the mark to suggest there was not an attempt to steer the group.

I understand. Thank you for making that clear. It didn't seem like that in the above. I only have this thread and what people tell me to inform myself about the events.

I would still maintain the points I make in the above. Saturday is mission day and we have to offer something adequate to those few who do attend. There were options.

The main point to take away from all this for me personally is that our mission making rota for saturdays is very poorly maintained (last update in February!). Furthermore, we have too few mission makers to provide missions for events. Currently there is a mere three (3!) members contributing to this, one of whom is on a long term LOA. See here:

Pilgrim likes this

And of course i understand there was a lack of data. ;)

Ultimately I have no server permissions/understanding so I rely on those that do

Filth likes this