Jason

Monthly DCS Session 14/09/18

Attendance   5 members have voted

1. 1. Attending 14/09/18

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Would like to but don't know how to fly

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

The next DCS session will be arranged for the 14/09/18. This is a training mission so anyone is welcome regardless of skill level.

Come along and play with the purpose made training ground and ask any questions you need answered!

DCS SRS is required and can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases

If you need help setting it up, grab me, Hoofed or Raptor

Base lesson for current DCS pilots is Air to Air Combat in the F-15. @hoofed @Raptor @Luke let me know if this is acceptable.

Recommended Reading:

Raptor and hoofed like this

35 minutes ago, hoofed said:

This is acceptable.

Not only acceptable, mandatory.

Jason likes this

This session will now take place this weekend 21/09/18.

Had to postpone due to AAC testing of assets for an upcoming campaign

hoofed likes this

This will take place on 21/09/18 at 1900 in place of AAC training. I'll try to have the server set up a bit earlier so people can get connected etc since I know it can take a little while.

Just a friendly reminder, this session will focus on the F-15 particularly using the radar in BVR combat. You really need to at least own the Eagle to attend. I can talk you through start up and get you airborne as part of the lesson but you will need the Eagle to attend.

SRS is not required for this session since it's a training session but if you are struggling to get it working, again we can talk you through it so you're ready for future combat ops.

It'll be reet. It's easy once you get the hang of it. It's the radar that causes most problems and that's what we're training this time out

Final call for prospective Eagle Drivers. This is a training session so we will talk you through everything if needed to get you airborne and engaging radar targets in the BVR envelope (we'll even explain wtf that means).

Server will be up at around 1830 and I'll be on TS from around 1845 ready to start at 1900. Please remember it can take a little while to connect etc so try to tip up 5 minutes or so early so we can deal with any problems.

You will need the OPEN BETA of DCS. You can opt in for that in the program details on steam.

SRS will not be used for tonight but if you need help setting up for the future we can talk you through that also.

Come and give it a try, you might even like it!

hoofed likes this

It is for air to air 

Any questions just grab one of us and we'll get you airborne

I really really enjoyed that I understood like half of what was being said but between them all they talked me through it I can’t wait to do more

hoofed and Jason like this