Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chroma

Mission Editing

9 posts in this topic

Starting this thread as a dedicated place for mission editors to discuss things and get together without clogging up the rota threads and that covers all missions and training maps and issues people have on the subject.

@SoKkada @Luke @PARKER @Wazowski @R4IDER @Filth @Des @Jason @hoofed

Got the go ahead from @R4IDER a while ago to add the Taviana map to the modlist but have been reluctant to star making a mission on it as i needed to do a lot of editing to the original map first. As a lot of you know it was designed with the sole purpose of wasteland and survival game modes so there is a shit ton of vehicle wrecks, rubble, corpses and general shit everywhere.

So after a HELL of a lot of editing ive managed to go around the whole map and remove *almost* all of this (Im bound to have missed some).

20181010225328_1.jpg

This is what it looked like once i finished removing it all. Each node is a module that is removing at least 3/4 items like wrecks and rubbish that takes away immersion.

Im going to make this editor mission available on Filezilla and dont worry ive also hidden all of these markers and made them immovable so its like they're not even there.

Hopefully will be able to start making missions on it soon.

PARKER, Jason and Filth like this

I saw that hah I was just concerned that any ai vehicle would just immediately crash into one of the many thousands of wrecks. It also made some roads/bridges completely inaccessible on road. Also for you fly bois, airfields were riddled with wrecks too so thats all cleaned up.

@PARKER The map runs about as well as chernarus. The map i edited with the modules that delete stuff runs exactly the same on my machine but it will add about 800Kb to a mission which i dont think is the end of the world. You can always delete all the modules that are miles away from the area your building your mission in.

For perspective I get at max 40fps on chernarus and this. (big cities it drops a bit as you would expect)