unionjak

Mission tonight ?

12 posts in this topic

We may need a mission to play tonight if one hasnt been sorted yet...and an admin with super powers to stifle any gremlins @R4IDER are you available tonight at all ?

uj

Someone listed some missions the other day, prophet I think. There is also Chromas multi-mission thing on Takistan which IIRC hasn't been finished yet.

Can't help with the admin thing though. The wife has developed a social life so I'm LOA tonight babysitting. Which reminds me I should put that in really.

Although I’d like to say, at the beginning, when told that tanks and troops were attacking from the North and South and on the coast, from my POV there WAS no easy route. Just a terrain filled one, or more urban. It ended up being the easy route I grant you.

it was okey i guess. maybe for a thursday mission worth a replay but yet not for a saturday one. i fixed it as far as possible, but i am certainly not wasting any more time on this. yet i cant come around mentioning, that i dont really like the idea, to create a mission and everyone just take a different path alltogether: aac spawns in just different air units; infantry just went the fuck all path across the map. indeed the mission objective was reached, but i dont know if its worth spending time trying to build something, if most of the waypoints, triggers, scripts and just ignored and skipped. i'm not to keen of retrying to create a mission like this again. rather stay to normal standard missions. i guess it was too experimental for gol overall.

Man. It was a brilliant idea.  Poorly executed by me in terms of actually reading the plan. I was kind of thrown in to it.

Dont be disheartened. It can be played again. And all your work will be worth it.

It was a big mission for six infantry..........really.....

Chill

i am perfectly fine how it went. as said it was some sort of a experiment for a different type of mission with a changed setting. yet i dont think this is the right approach. still got to find out what works and what doesnt. the way we play is kinda different to way i was used playing arma in my past.

i've played long with, or rather i've lead long, a group where we played without respawn at all. therefore i probably still put in less hostile units because in those missions death was game over. it was a completly different approach, so i got to find my way to make gol missions first. yet i dont want to create the simple experience. i will know more, i guess, when we play the other missions.

@pilgrim nah man, you just took strategically the best path, which was to be fair the best way to solve the situation you've encountered and you did a good job leading. sometimes missions are just not made for the effective path ;)

The threat of that unsighted tank platoon up my arse was quite the motivator...i literally kept checking our six expecting to see them cresting at any moment.

brrrrr.